Cholesterol question

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cholesterol question

Postby Mpin » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:21 pm

I went completely plant based 3 and a half months ago and had my blood work done. It was rechecked today and everything looks better and great except my cholesterol went up! Not by much but up. My ratio of LDL/HDL ratio improved, but it was good before.
I have lost 35 lbs. and need to lose about 85 more. I am a 63 year old female. Other than three meals in that time I have been exceedingly strict. How does your cholesterol go up while your Triglycerides drop by 50%? I am also just getting back to my regular exercise schedule after having had Covid at the end of November so I was off for about 2 1/2 weeks. I walk and swim regularly and am training for an open water 10k. Thanks! Mpin..
Mpin

Re: Cholesterol question

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:42 pm

You may want to repost this over in the Lounge or one of the Health forums.

This one, The Sandbox, is usually used for people learning how to use the message board's software - how to post photos, how to quote from a message, etc.

And while waiting for a response from others, use the Search or Advanced Search at the top of the page and you'll find loads of posts on the subject.
VeggieSue

Return to The Sandbox