img test

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

img test

Postby lindbergb74 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 am

lindbergb74

Re: img test

Postby lindbergb74 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:54 am

lindbergb74

Re: img test

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Let's see what's going wrong here.

Do you have a home for your image, such as Flickr, Picassa, or some other site?

Do you have the exact url of the image, such as http:// whereitisstored.com/graphicname.jpg? I know in Flickr it's a bit tricky - you can't just right-click and get the url. For example, here's a photo of one of Jan Tz's quickbreads from my Flickr stream. I have to click on the photo, click the box with the arrow (lower right hand side) to open "other ways to share" and a box pops up with various ways to share, either by direct link or Grab the HTML/BBCode. These forums use the BBC code so I copy and past all the stuff in that box. Here's a photo of the box:

Using that code, I can post this photo:

If you're posting a graphic found on another web site, like this cover of the Starch Solution on on Amazon, or one that doesn't already have the BBCode:

just copy and past the image url (I'll leave spaces in my example so it doesn't show the image, just the words)

http:// ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NdE1gj2TL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_. jpg

Sometimes all you have to do is post the image link and the board software automatically formats it as a graphic, but I usually play it safe and highlight the entire link and click the "IMG" button at the top of the edit window.

If you have any more problems, just holler.
VeggieSue

Return to The Sandbox