Carnivore for Diabetes?

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Carnivore for Diabetes?

Postby Olympic TryAthlete » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:02 pm

Switched to PBWF back in September. Have had tremendous improvements in my health and fitness. Been trying to bolster my knowledge beyond the anecdotal and came across a video where Neal Barnhard discusses meat and diabetes. He basically says that what happens when people eat a lot of meat and fat, their cells become filled with the stuff to the point that the insulin receptors cease to function properly and people develop type 2 diabetes. Upon switching to WFPB, people lose the intercellular fat and their insulin receptors work like they are supposed to, and the diabetes goes away.

In contrast to this, within the comments sections of the carnivore diet proponent videos, I see a lot of accolades where people make the claim that going carnivore has cured their diabetes. I’m just wondering if what is really happening is that going carnivore isn’t curing the diabetes, but masking it. Ve seen plenty of testimonials of people going PBWF being able to eat carb loaded plants and veggies without having their blood sugar go out of control. If carnivore really cures diabetes, I’d expect a carnivore to be able to eat an apple without it messing up their blood sugar. Is that the case, or are they merely human dung their diabetes by simply not consuming carbs?
Olympic TryAthlete

Return to The Sandbox