HI!

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

HI!

Postby GracieW » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi! I'm Gracie. I just read "The Starch Solution", watched a bunch of videos on youtube, and decided to start the diet. I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'll probably do a lot of reading before I start posting my own comments.

I'm excited about this new health journey!
GracieW

Re: HI!

Postby Katydid » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Welcome, Gracie.

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Gracie and welcome! Just a few comments:

1. This is not a diet, it is a Way Of Eating (WOE) that you should follow the rest of your life for optimum health, planet health and animal health.
2. Stick to Dr. McDougall's and Jeff Novick's facts, guidelines and information. They are the experts with the research and background.
3. Time and adherence are key. I don't know what your starting point is on your journey, but remember you won't get to optimum health overnight. However, whenever new people come to this WOE and follow Dr. McDougall's and Jeff Novick's advice and guidelines, results are to be expected. Without fail, people that go to the immersions that are put on by Dr. McDougall and only eat the foods he has available, which are the same foods he recommends, these people see great results. The more complaint you are the better results and faster you will get them. So why not just follow 100% :)

Good luck,
Scott
Ltldogg

Postby Dougalling » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi,
Welcome,

WOE = Way Of Eating = Diet

Relax and enjoy the food.
Dougalling

Postby sjsilver » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome Gracie. Make sure you look at Dr Mcdougall's color picture book. It is great place to start for beginners.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/wp/wp-conte ... -Book1.pdf
sjsilver

Postby GracieW » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Thank you for the welcome, and the tips. :)
GracieW

Postby frozenveg » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:14 am

So Gracie, how are you doing? Keep us posted on your progress, and come here with any questions you might have!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby momto2Cs » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi Gracie!

Hoping your new WOE is going well!
momto2Cs

Postby GracieW » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 am

Thank you for asking. :) I'm still eating the Starch Solution way. I think the diet is for me, I'm not sure about the forum. I will probably keep reading the forum now and again and maybe check in at a later date.
GracieW

Postby GracieW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Well, I emboldened myself, stepped out of my comfort zone, and left a message on someone's journal! Maybe I will stick around the forum.

I might even start my own journal, because I was so excited about my lunch today that I wanted to tell somebody about it, lol, and I don't know anyone else who would think that a mixture of leftover rice, baked sweet potato, broccoli and sriracha sauce sounds like something to get excited over. :lol:

I also wanted to say that I've noticed some changes.
- I think I'm sleeping better.
- I've had a little more energy than usual, especially late in the evening.
- I haven't had any symptoms of GERD in the last couple of weeks. I might not need my PPI any longer.
- (TMI warning!) The bowel movements on the diet are wonderful! :nod:
GracieW

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:25 pm

The journal section is safest. Come on in, the water's warm!

My heartburn had been such a constant thing for so many years, I didn't realize what was wrong when suddenly it was gone. I didn't feel right and couldn't figure it out for a while. Then realized I felt good... and there was no heartburn. It was a life changing thing. Now it only happens if I take aspirin for something, and then I wonder HOW did I live with that for so long? From age 18 to my mid 40's. :duh:
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Return to How to Begin