Now down 145 pounds!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby aussie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Thank you - you understand exactly. When I originally lost 55 lbs, it was almost easier. With 10 lbs, you tend to think one more day won't hurt and you never do it! Still, my body is still in a healthier place than it was originally,and I think the years of McDougalling helped my metabolism so that I didn't put more weight back. I am grateful for that.
aussie

Postby aussie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:32 pm

I noticed in an older post from you that you feed your dog "people meat" - so do I, and I get many lectures from people about being a hypocrite, but I see no conflict. Dogs and cats (we have both) need meat to stay healthy, we don't! I would not give them kibble - why do I give myself junky snack foods? Something for me to ponder!
aussie

Re: Now down 145 pounds!

Postby Dances With Wolves » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 pm

My goodness, Nettie, what a wonderful accomplishment! I know you feel wonderful! Several years ago, I lost a lot of weight on McDougall -- 12 years in fact. I looked great and most importantly, I felt great, too! Unfortunaltey, I stopped McDougalling and have since then gained it all back.

I'd planned to start McDougalling today. I was going shopping ealry this morning to get all the goodies I need -- and my car wouldn't start. I'm waiting for the fix it guy as I write this. But, I won't be discouraged. My car not working will help me to remember the day I started back to a better way of living!

Can't wait to hear more good news from you as you enjoy this road you're on, Nettie. :D
Dances With Wolves

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories