Thank you Dr. McDougall

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Thank you Dr. McDougall

Postby vwnut » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:19 am

Well, I gave in to my Dr. and had a Cardiollite stress test last week. It involved the injection or a radioactive substance (Cardiolite) before and during a treadmill stress test. They take a scan of the heart before and after the test. I had one in 2003 and one in 2004 which was sllightly worse. I have been off statins for over a year now and the Dr. tells me he would be remiss if he did not suggest that I get back on them. So I had the test again. I got the call from the nurse about the results and she told me that my heart is healthier now than it was 4 years ago. This is after 15 1/2 months of eating right. The proof is now recorded in my medical records. Thanks again.
"If it is a plant eat it; If it is made in a plant leave it."
vwnut

Postby dlb » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:48 am

YIPPEE :D

That's great news!

Donna
dlb

Postby Melinda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:46 am

Congratulations! :-D
Melinda

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Doesn't it feel good to thumb your nose at doctors who want to push the drugs.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Re: Thank you Dr. McDougall

Postby Nettie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:41 pm

vwnut wrote:.... I got the call from the nurse about the results and she told me that my heart is healthier now than it was 4 years ago. This is after 15 1/2 months of eating right. The proof is now recorded in my medical records. Thanks again.

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! Did you tell the doctor about your diet? What was the reaction? My experience is they usually listen politely, then forget about it right away and go back to prescribing statins.

Nettie
Nettie

Postby Birdy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:30 pm

That's a really great testimonial. There's a link provided by Dr. McDougall [email protected]. for people to report to Dr. T. Colin Campbell about good health outcomes from eating low fat vegan. He'd probably appreciate it if you copy and post your results to him. Thank you for sharing with us!
Birdy

Postby vwnut » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:25 am

Thank you everyone. I have not seen the report yet so I don't know how big the difference is. The nurse called me to give me the news. When I had the test, I signed a release so I could get a copy but they like to wait until the Dr. gets to see and evaluate it. I should get my copy this week. I told them that the Dr. and I don't have anything to discuss if I don't get to see the report before I see him. The "discussion " would be a one way discussion if I did not have the information. He has switched his tatic to saying that the latest research shows that statins stabilize the plaque most likely to erupt and cause trouble like in Tim Russert. I think he said that it was from the Mayo Clinic but I have not been able to find it. Maybe it will appear in one of the monthly newsletters that Dr. McDougall writes. Then he says "I take statins myself as a preventative". Anyway, I am not scheduled to see him for another next year and he knows where I am coming from. Thanks again.
"If it is a plant eat it; If it is made in a plant leave it."
vwnut

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories