Seven Weeks

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Seven Weeks

Postby licorne » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:03 am

Hello dear McDougaller Friends, I'm posting for the first time today, as I just wanted to connect with this community and share my happiness and gratitude for having found the McDougall Program. I'm beginning my seventh week on this wonderful journey today, and to date have lost just over 7 kilos (about 15 lbs),I've stopped high-blood-pressure medication completely (BP is low and steady now; I check it each day at the moment to be sure!), I have boundless energy so enjoy cycling, long walks and yoga --- one or more of those every day, and I am so very delighted with my new way of eating and feeling! I've stopped all caffeine, all added salt and, of course, all oil (and I live in France, so olive oil was a big part of my life!), and it is great to be fully vegan now. I've been vegetarian for many years, but until now I just couldn't get myself to give up cheese and butter, and potato crisps! Decision taken, and I'll never look back!! I have another 5 or so kilos to lose, I think, but what I love is that this is NOT A DIET - I'm on this path for life (and for a happier, healthier life too!). Thank you dear Dr McDougall, and Mary and Heather and all the team. Such great support and so many resources. All the best to you all, and good luck to everyone in the community! Jane (licorne)
licorne

Re: Seven Weeks

Postby Daydream » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:23 am

Licorne, you are doing great, welcome to this forum! I wish you continued success on your health journey.
Daydream

Postby Starflower » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Welcome and congratulations, Jane! Wishing you continued success! :)
This journey is one of constant small adjustments. Nothing is ever static, no matter how long you've been eating this way. If something isn't working, you tweak it and make small changes until it works better.
- Wildgoose
Starflower

Postby licorne » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:30 pm

Thanks so much, Starflower and Daydream! Glad to have your good wishes!!
licorne

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories