Nettie you are such an inspiration........

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Nettie you are such an inspiration........

Postby vlgimmelli » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Nettie,

You are such an inspiration. I have been on and off following the McDougall program and just by reading your story and journey I have re-committed myself to living this lifestyle. I have two small children and want to be able to play with them and also be here for them as they grow up. I love the simplicity of your daily menu and would like to follow something similar so that I won't get stressed as to buying so many things and making the program complex. Just wanted to ask you a quick question, I need to re-read the McDougall program, which book would you recommend I read first the regular 12 day McDougall program or MWL Program? Also do you think it is best to follow the regular program or start with the MWL program? Thanks for your help and thank you again for sharing your success. You are an inspiration to us all.
Blessings,
Lillian
vlgimmelli

Re: Nettie you are such an inspiration........

Postby Nettie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:42 pm

vlgimmelli wrote:Nettie,

You are such an inspiration. I have been on and off following the McDougall program and just by reading your story and journey I have re-committed myself to living this lifestyle. I have two small children and want to be able to play with them and also be here for them as they grow up. I love the simplicity of your daily menu and would like to follow something similar so that I won't get stressed as to buying so many things and making the program complex. Just wanted to ask you a quick question, I need to re-read the McDougall program, which book would you recommend I read first the regular 12 day McDougall program or MWL Program? Also do you think it is best to follow the regular program or start with the MWL program? Thanks for your help and thank you again for sharing your success. You are an inspiration to us all.
Blessings, Lillian

Sorry, I just found your post. I would go with the 12-day program because of the greater variety. Not everyone can deal with the omissions on the MWL. When I plateaued, I definitely had to get rid of the some the grains, including Kashi and oatmeal. They held up my weight loss.

But in general, the 12-day plan is fine for most folks. You'll still lose weight and may not feel as deprived.

Best wishes to you. I hope you're on your way to a new, healthier you!

Nettie
Nettie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories