30 day upate

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

30 day upate

Postby rjsupersonic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Tomorrow will be 30 days and I am amazed! I started out at 281Lbs and today weighed in at 248Lbs! 33 pounds in 30 days. I have followed the followed the program without straying. I find it very easy because I love beans, rice and potatoes and vegetables. I did not just jump into this, after doing Atkins and Weight Watchers and extreme exercise and realizing they didn't work, I studied the information for several months. This new lifestyle is nearly effortless for me. The only advice I did not follow is to give up coffee which may come later but everything seems to be going great. I need to get a new belt ( ran out of holes) and pants. My grocery bill went down and my clothing budget is going up:) . Thank you Doctor McDougil for helping me head in the right direction in a sea of misinformation!!
rjsupersonic

Re: 30 day upate

Postby Kaye » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am

Brilliant news. Its great when something clicks and is so effortless too.
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, Completed February 2017, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
Kaye

Postby pundit999 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:56 am

Wow! This is great.

I too was simply amazed too when I first adopted this way of eating.

I was also losing one pound a day and if I added up all the calories I was consuming, it did not make sense that I would lose that much. The math just did not add up. But I did lose the weight.
pundit999

Postby viv » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:57 am

How wonderful! At last after a lifetime of misinformation you have found the healthiest diet on the planet. And might I say also, the easiest! Many of us here have had the same experience. I wish I had known about this when I was younger, my life would have been very different. Now you can just relax, eat wonderful starches, fruits and veggies and your body will automatically adjust to the very best health and weight for you.

I still enjoy tea and coffee every day and I doubt I will give them up.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories