finally my blood pressure is ok thanks to Salt!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

finally my blood pressure is ok thanks to Salt!!

Postby yoly » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:44 am

I want to thanks to Dr John Mcdougall because of his experience about Salt. I am starchivore SOS (salt, oil, sugar) free from 5 years ago (following McDougall recommendations), but until this year I was still with some respiratory allergies and phlegm and my systolic blood pressure still near 140.

This year I tried to include Salt in my diet and not exclude sugar. Automatically I am drinking regularly more water. And for the first time since my childhood, I have my systolic blood pressure below 120 and almost I have no more episodes of allergies and phlegm.

So I think the problem with Salt is the excess and not drinking enough water.

I respect a lot the labor of Jeff Novick, but I think he and many scientists are wrong with their War on Salt. There is not studies about salt and water.

John McDougall is my hero... he seems to be the only Whole Plant Based Diet promoter that includes Salt in the Diet.
I love Starch and Training
yoly

and also The End of my Dry Skin

Postby yoly » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:48 am

I forgot to include in my previous post that also my skin is hydrated. Before include the Salt in my Starch Diet and drink more water, I had dry skin.
I love Starch and Training
yoly

Re: finally my blood pressure is ok thanks to Salt!!

Postby Atheria » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:25 pm

I tend toward low blood pressure, normally, but recently was having really bad dizzy spells and didn't know what was wrong. I happened to go to a doctor for something else and when they checked my bp, it was really low. It hadn't dawned on me that the way I was eating at the time included almost ZERO sodium. I added some salt in via tamari and such and felt better almost immediately. The body does indeed need some salt. Most Americans get WAY too much though.

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby igreen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:58 am

yoly wrote:
John McDougall is my hero... he seems to be the only Whole Plant Based Diet promoter that includes Salt in the Diet.

Yes i agree, only Dr Mcdougall is not afraid of Salt, i do think we need it if we want active life... even a little oil but no mix with animal fat and protein.
igreen

Postby JeffN » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 am

There is no war on salt.

There are (valid) concerns over excess salt.

Remember, the last key to this program is to "apply the principles and guidelines to your own unique situation."

yoly wrote:So I think the problem with Salt is the excess and not drinking enough water.

Correct and dehydration alone could have been responsible for your symptoms.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories