The biggest success so far:

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The biggest success so far:

Postby michelesucks » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am

Hello, my friends!

I've been following the guidelines for about a month, and a loose interpretation of MWL for about 3 weeks, and I'm so excited.
Sure, I'm very pleased that I've lost a not-insignificant amount of weight, considering I was exactly 24.9 BMI in the first place, but:

I gave my mother the Starch Solution book to read in her spare time, and I guess she liked what she saw, so she's slowly eating up all the non-plan foods in our house, then she'll be started.

I convinced my father to give it a try and he hadn't read any of the book, but once he'd been going for two weeks he asked if he could skim through it too. He went on a vacation and ate a whole bunch of things he wasn't supposed to, and he's been high on refined products, but he's still at the lowest weight he's been in 15 years. He's been working on losing weight for a long time and was down about 60 pounds, but in just three weeks he's lost 7.5 more!

Here's the kicker:
He told me today that even if I stopped following the plan, he would keep doing it. He likes everything he's eating and is so pleased with his weight loss. He's down 15 pounds from March, and half of that was lost in the last 3 weeks.

I'm so happy that my parents are finally receiving the message. They thought I was crazy at first, but they're on board now, and it's good to have them sharing the experience with me. We're supporting and motivating each other :)
michelesucks

Re: The biggest success so far:

Postby Jerry Angelo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:42 am

That's awesome, it's a great feeling to inspire others but especially when it's family and especially your parents...

It reminds me of why I'm here too... I promised my son I would try it for 6 weeks and here I am still at it 96 weeks later, it'll be 2 years 2 months from tomorrow... And my wife is also on full steam from this past March, our son is very happy as you can both relate to and imagine.

Once again congratulations to you and your parents!
108 Pounds Lost Since Sept 2014 - And Counting
No more pre diabetes! Eternally grateful to Dr. McDougall! And Jeff Novick!!!
My Journal
Jerry Angelo

Postby anja » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:15 pm

congratulations to you and your parents!
that's so great to hear (and I hope I get my father to this point to)
if health is a rainbow - food is one color of it
http://www.colorfuleating.com
anja

Postby mkh9 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 pm

That is fantastic news!! Congratulations!!
mkh9
mkh9

Postby Atheria » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:35 am

Great news! The best way to positively influence others is to be successful and healthy.

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories