My healthy period :-)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My healthy period :-)

Postby -mermaid- » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:58 pm

I would like to share that, at age 52, and after not having a period for about six months, I just had the healthiest period I have had in YEARS. Only mild PMS preceding it, and a normal amount of blood flow and duration.

No CLOTS!! It has been years since I've had a period that was clot-free! To be honest, I don't remember when I EVER did... :shock:

In the past several years, I have had very heavy bleeding, lots of clots, crazy PMS. I never went to the doctor because I knew inside that it was diet-related, so I would bounce around between vegan, vegetarian, etc--all high-fat and a significant amount of processed food. Lots of oil. Always thinking that it would all be ok if I could just get my sh*t together nutritionally.

In the past five weeks, I have been doing the Starch Solution (not MWL). NO OIL. Still drinking coffee, but not much. Keeping the nut butters very low and occasional. My copy of "From Oil to Nuts" just arrived, so I'm probably not long for those.

I'm really so happy and excited. I feel like my body is healing already. :-D
-mermaid-

Re: My healthy period :-)

Postby papayalover » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:20 pm

This is so encouraging to hear! I just turned 50 and have horrible heavy bleeding due to fibroids. Surgery was unsuccessful, and hysterectomy is my next option from my doctor. I have found that this diet has really helped with the emotional and pain part, but not the bleeding. I am wondering if I won't see significant reduction in bleeding until I lose enough weight to lower my estrogen.

Anyway, congratulations!
papayalover

Postby MINNIE » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:12 am

Mermaid,

That is wonderful. I wish all women knew about this way of eating. It could relieve so much unneccessary suffering. I also wish I had known about this pre-menopause. I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced the clotting can understand how painful and frightening it is. I experienced that from age 13 to age 53, when my periods finally stopped stopped. Forty years!

I wish no girl or woman anywhere would have to experience that! Maybe someday....we can hope.
MINNIE

Postby -mermaid- » Fri May 06, 2016 8:20 pm

@papayalover and MINNIE--

I'm sorry for taking so long to see your posts! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :-)

I just had my second period and it was exactly the same--normal length, healthy blood flow, and no clots.

It is really, REALLY nice to see this happening...I am sure it's the diet...I was doing the regular SS, but have been easing more into the MWL program. I have about 20 or 30 lbs to lose, give or take. I haven't weighed myself in an eternity...but my clothes are getting looser. :-D

Thank you again and be well!
-mermaid-

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories