10 years this week!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

10 years this week!

Postby johnled » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:59 am

10 years ago this week I was diagnosed with one of the worst cases of RA the doctor had ever saw. RA was in almost every joint in my body, I spent weeks in bed, could not do anything for myself. I was told I'd be medicated for the rest of my life, face multiple joint replacements and be in a wheelchair in 5 years. I discovered McDougall a few weeks prior to being diagnosed and immediately stopped meat & dairy and started a diet of steamed potatoes & carrots two times a day and a smoothie (I know, not McD) for breakfast. I was able to drive myself to the Dr after a few weeks on the diet. Anyway, long story short, I got the bad news ten years ago this week and have been medicine and symptom free for the past 9+ years! Thank you Dr. McDougall!
johnled

Re: 10 years this week!

Postby Jeepsterhound » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:23 am

That's great!
Jeepsterhound

Postby Ltldogg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:26 am

johnled wrote:10 years ago this week I was diagnosed with one of the worst cases of RA the doctor had ever saw. RA was in almost every joint in my body, I spent weeks in bed, could not do anything for myself. I was told I'd be medicated for the rest of my life, face multiple joint replacements and be in a wheelchair in 5 years. I discovered McDougall a few weeks prior to being diagnosed and immediately stopped meat & dairy and started a diet of steamed potatoes & carrots two times a day and a smoothie (I know, not McD) for breakfast. I was able to drive myself to the Dr after a few weeks on the diet. Anyway, long story short, I got the bad news ten years ago this week and have been medicine and symptom free for the past 9+ years! Thank you Dr. McDougall!

Congrats and awesome for you! Results are typical :)
Ltldogg

Postby pundit999 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Amazing stuff! Thanks for sharing your great story.
pundit999

Postby Starchyme » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:30 pm

Fantastic news! Love success stories like that. You are a star McDougaller!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby nicoles » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:54 pm

johnled wrote:10 years ago this week I was diagnosed with one of the worst cases of RA the doctor had ever saw. RA was in almost every joint in my body, I spent weeks in bed, could not do anything for myself. I was told I'd be medicated for the rest of my life, face multiple joint replacements and be in a wheelchair in 5 years. I discovered McDougall a few weeks prior to being diagnosed and immediately stopped meat & dairy and started a diet of steamed potatoes & carrots two times a day and a smoothie (I know, not McD) for breakfast. I was able to drive myself to the Dr after a few weeks on the diet. Anyway, long story short, I got the bad news ten years ago this week and have been medicine and symptom free for the past 9+ years! Thank you Dr. McDougall!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you. What a gift this WOE is.

Thank you for the ten-year update. We don't see a lot of long term autoimmune success stories - not that they aren't out there! - so it is always heartening for me to hear about the longer term.
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby viv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Many congratulations on your ten year anniversary. Dr. McDougall's plan is miraculous in extending life and easing suffering. What is a typical day like for you now. Do you still eat potatoes and carrots a couple of time a day?

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby Timaca » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm

That's wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to share your encouraging story!!
Timaca

Postby calvin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 am

Definitely Star McDougaller stuff. Thanks for sharing. :-D
calvin

Postby papjack » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:57 pm

WOW! What a great story! :D
papjack

You have made my day

Postby John McDougall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 am

The greatest rewards in life come from helping other people.

Thank you for making me feel worthy.

Also, I would very much appreciate sending your story out as a star mcdougaller. Please write [email protected].

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby DWu » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks for sharing. It’s amazing how powerful the right foods can be.
DWu

Postby Crunchy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Congratulations on your stunning good health! Hippocrates would be proud.

It's so great to hear long-term success stories.
Crunchy

Postby Hal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Fantastic! If only i could get my family members with health issues to listen to me.. One has just had her gall bladder removed, and the other has been taking low dose of chemo to quell chronic joint swelling and pain - has been working not too bad, but it's not treating the problem, only the symptoms..
Hal

Postby RobinD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:25 pm

This is awesome. I am so happy for you and hope that your story may provide just the spark needed for someone else to say, "Wow, I wonder if this would work for me"...
"Our greatest fear... should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." Francis Chan

RobinD

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories