New Year, New Gut

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Year, New Gut

Postby Montse de Paz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:15 am

In October 2015 I decided to follow strictly the McDougall Program, and it was a hit in my digestive health, as I have reported in this discussion board. For the first time in decades I was able to enjoy good digestions, no more heartburn, no more GERD, I put on weight (I needed to), but in a healthy way, and I felt great. The big change occurred in just two days, I was thrilled.

But I had something more to fix… In New Year’s Eve I went out with some friends to a restaurant, where I ate some “forbidden” foods. Two days later I was in hospital, with a tremendous intestinal occlusion. I had a scanner done and the doctors saw a kind of congenital bridle in my small intestine, in the ileum, which caused inflammation and paralysis of the intestines. I went through emergency surgery and I had this bridle removed, as well as the appendix. My recovery has been excellent and now I am at home again, eating purees, crèmes and soups… always following the McDougall diet! All plant based, with food riches in starch like rice, quinoa and sweet potato, with neither animal products nor added oils.

Well, this is my experience. I needed this operation since I had a congenital problem, now I am free! But following the McDougall program has helped me before and after surgery. It has provided me a good field to have the best convalescence. Even the doctors were surprised, and my friends and relatives say that nobody would believe I was under surgery just one month ago!

Now I have gained 4 lb. and my skin, muscles and tissues are recovering quickly. The scars from the operation closed wonderfully and in no time they will be just a thin streak on my skin.

Thanks again, Dr. McDougall, and your fantastic team!

If anyone has similar issues, trouble with intestinal bridles and surgery, I will be grateful to know about it and your experience.
Montse de Paz
Montse de Paz

Re: New Year, New Gut

Postby pundit999 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:32 am

Wow. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
For digestive health there is no diet that is better than what we follow here.
pundit999

Re: New Year, New Gut

Postby calvin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

calvin

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories