Lost 7 lbs first week, gained 2 the next week ?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Lost 7 lbs first week, gained 2 the next week ?

Postby Janeykhan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm wondering where I went wrong on the second week.
I went out for Japanese vegan lunch Friday - cold tofu, yam maki, miso soup, salad, soba noodles. I noticed my belly was bigger from this. Do you think it was the tofu?, the sugary (but delicious) salad dressing, or maybe water retention from tamari? I'm feeling a bit discouraged. Thanks, Janeykhan
Janeykhan

Re: Lost 7 lbs first week, gained 2 the next week ?

Postby Melinda » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:03 pm

May have been the sodium. Japanese food can be pretty salty. I find it better to keep an eye on my weight by measuring my hips periodically, instead of weighing myself.
Melinda

Postby Ltldogg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Janeykhan wrote:I'm wondering where I went wrong on the second week.
I went out for Japanese vegan lunch Friday - cold tofu, yam maki, miso soup, salad, soba noodles. I noticed my belly was bigger from this. Do you think it was the tofu?, the sugary (but delicious) salad dressing, or maybe water retention from tamari? I'm feeling a bit discouraged. Thanks, Janeykhan

Since you are eating out you cannot be sure what exactly is in your food but chances are very high there will be oils, high amounts of salts, sugars and other chemicals, all of which are problematic. Also tofu is already naturally high in fat and is a food that Dr. McDougall says to use only as a condiment, which means very lightly.

The best thing you can do is eat at home, whole starches, whole non-starchy veggies, and whole fruits. This Way Of Eating is starch based so they should be the majority as they will give you long-term energy and satisfy your hunger.

You can find all this info and so much more on this site by reviewing all the free info available to you. I especially recommend you read through the color picture book (https://www.drmcdougall.com/wp/wp-conte ... -Book1.pdf), Dr. McDougall's latest book, The Starch Solution (https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/shop ... -solution/) and Jeff Novick's stickied topics in his sub-forum (viewforum.php?f=22).

Cheers,
Scott
Ltldogg

Postby Janeykhan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:19 am

Thank you both for your responses. I really appreciate it.
Janeykhan

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories