So far so good

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

So far so good

Postby Lusana77 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi guys I am new and determined to stick to this WOE for a 21 day challenge starting today
I am really nervous that it won't work , I need to get my blood sugars to drop as much as lose weight but the last time I tried neither happened . I must admit although I did starch solution not MWL.
I did in the past have lots of success with low carb weight and blood sugar wise but didn't feel well and was always grouchy. It also did not seem healthy.i have many health probs and a eating disorder so making this commitment to myself is difficult, but I am determined to achive this goal . :D

Today I ate

2 meals of brown rice and kidney beanswith equal amount of mixed green veg , beetroot and tomatoes and fresh coriander
Lentil and butternut squash homemade soup
2 small satsumas ( 1 fruit portion ) 1 Apple
2 large coffee with about 150mls soya and 2tsp xylitol
I have added miso and tamarin and a little salt to my food but will reduce each day .
Later I will eat more rice and veg if hungery.

This is totally brilliant for me and am giving myself a high five . Although to be fair I attribute any success to my constant prayer .
Lusana77

Re: So far so good

Postby viv » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Lusana,

Happy New Year and welcome! It's great that you have made a commitment to follow the McDougall Plan for 21 days. If you fall off the wagon one day, well just get right back on! Because you made a commitment for 21 days, doesn't mean to say that you have to be perfect every day, just that you keep going.

I made a commitment to myself that I would follow the McDougall plan for one year, no matter what! Now I am into my third year, and I can honestly say it's the best decision I have made in my life. I regained my health, lost 50 lbs and feel great, physically and mentally.

btw Dr. McDougall allows sugar and salt to sprinkle on food as flavoring, so don't worry about a little, unless you have health concerns etc.

You can do it!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Feeling down but stayed cleanish .... Yay me !!!

Postby Lusana77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:23 am

I hope I am not breaking any rules here but I am celebrating my successes little and often to really keep on top of the myriad of emotions that surface whenever I stop self medicating with sugary fatty foods . I am feeling really low generally and over sensitive to some friends well meaning but hurtful comments. Bad Food is usually my comfort .... But not today :D

So far I have eaten

2 X Sweet potato and banana mash ( new fave and very filling )
Quinoa with veg from Marks and spensers (5g from a few nuts fat so not perfect)
Decaf coffee with soy milk ( cut out xylitol as trigger IBS )
Lusana77

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories