Hello Again!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello Again!

Postby Eppy2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 am

I have been coming and going here for years now. I was known as Eppy, but can't seem to remember my password and my email has changed so I am Eppy2 now.

I lost 100 pounds on the plan back in 2002-3 and kept if off for about 3 years, but as my husband was not with me on it, eventually, I gained it all back. This past year, he had reached and all time high for his weight and was determined to lose it, so he went on the McDougall Plan, remembering my success and has lost 45 pounds and looks great! He is also a physician and many of his patients have noticed his weight loss and he now tells them how to do it right! Last night, he was telling me about a lady he had seen and recommended the plan to her and she saw him again yesterday and told him how her problems are all going away after adopting a low fat vegan diet and her son, who had terrible acne, who is also now on the plan, has seen his skin clear up!

As for me, with my husband back on board, I have lost nearly 23 pounds again since late August and am fully confident, that I will lose the rest I need to lose. I am a lot older than when I had lost the weight before and it was starting to take it's toll on my body, primarily in a structural way. My KNEES!!!!! I can't say they are all better, because I still have over 60 pounds to lose, but I am definitely beginning to see an improvement and overall, I am feeling better and better! I plan to post again in about a year, with the happy news that I am once again a normal weight and doing all of the things I love to do again, with strong healthy knees! :)
Eppy2

Re: Hello Again!

Postby viv » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:26 am

Welcome back Eppy! Great that your hubby is having fantastic results and that you can support each other in your journey. I look forward to hearing all about your continued success!
Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby f1jim » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:28 pm

It's great to have you back on board. You might want to take a few moments and let people know what steps got you off track and how we might avoid them for those fairly new. Keep us posted on your current progress.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Eppy2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Jim,

I got both of your messages, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to respond to your messages. Yes, I would like my old sign in name back. I need to figure out how to respond! My husband who is very computer savoy, couldn't figure it out either.
PS....I've lost more and still doing well. Coming up on 30 pounds now! :)
Eppy2

Postby Eppy2 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 pm

To answer your question here, I can remember exactly what got me off track. I had been running every day for 5 miles. One day, it was cold and rainy and I decided not to go. later that day, I was in the store and found myself in the chocolate isle (I was living in Germany at the time and chocolate there is one step from heaven!) I thought, I've lost 100 pounds....surely I can eat just one bar.
WRONG!!!!!! It's started the catapult rolling. It was down from there. Something so simple. In addition, many of my friends (and family) started saying I had lost too much....I could relax and eat "just a bit of this or that". No....I regret being in the chocolate isle and listening to people who really were likely jealous of my success (they all needed to lose weight). I've told my husband, the weight loss was the easy part. Keeping it off was harder. I have always been an emotional eater, so that has been true. I am 58 now and totally motivated by health now. There is so much more I want to do and old enough now, that my body isn't so forgiving anymore. I can see where the near future will lead, if I don't get this weight off. It's a huge motivator.
Eppy2

Postby f1jim » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:22 pm

I'll get your original username back up and accessible to you.
Hang on.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Nstep2live » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 am

Eppy, I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing. I too am 58 yrs old as of Nov. 21st, 2015. I also have about 60 lbs to lose. I am new to this plan. Only been on it a month now. All day I sit at a desk, so I get very little activity.I feel great and have lost 7 lbs in 4 weeks. Much Success on your journey.
Nstep2live

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories