Goofball Photo update...over 100lbs lost between us

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Goofball Photo update...over 100lbs lost between us

Postby barryoilbegone » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:53 am

Congrats WyldMoonWoman, feels I know like we all came across this years later than we should have done! Best of luck with keeping in there.

Not sure who the group of people you were with when the first photo was taken with, but hope they also can do as you've been doing eventually. We're setting an example that's good for everybody, hopefully :)
"All people are made alike - of bones and flesh and dinner. Only the dinners are different.”

Gertrude Louise Cheney
barryoilbegone

Postby roundcoconut » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Oh, WyldMoonWoman, I'm glad I clicked on this thread. I sometimes avoid the Testimonials thread, because it can get to be a bit much!

Mostly I wanted to say a quick hi, because your profile entry says you are from Central NY (so am I!) and I am just extra proud when my fellow upstaters get it right! You are still doing well and eating happily from the produce aisle, I hope???

On a side note, I do think testimonials have this weird effect on people, because they are like time-lapse photography, and that is definitely not how people experience this way of eating -- we experience it in real time, with no guarantees that our outcomes will be one of the successful outcomes. So people always come to these boards asking "How long till I get that magical result? How long till my cholesterol numbes go down by 50 points?"

Obviously it depends on adherence, but also on how well your body personally bounces back after decades of abuse. Not everyone's body bounces back equally well, or bounces back all the way; and not everyone experiences the same ease and grace in forming new habits. We are SO VERY INDIVIDUAL and I would really hate for the people whose bodies heal slowly to feel they aren't doing as well as anyone else. We are not each other's competitors or each other's measuring stick!

Well, that's neither here nor there -- just my thoughts on life. Special props to a fellow upstate new yorker! (in spirit if not in residence!)
roundcoconut

Postby John McDougall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:05 am

A picture is worth 100 pounds.

Thanks for sharing.

Consider sharing your story as a star mcdougaller. Write to [email protected]

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:21 pm

John McDougall wrote:A picture is worth 100 pounds.

Thanks for sharing.

Consider sharing your story as a star mcdougaller. Write to [email protected]

John McDougall, MD

We will!
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby passionF » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 am

Well done you both look healthy and happy :D
passionF

Postby Crunchy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:11 pm

What lovely results! You both look amazing. Thank you for sharing your story~I am a newbie on this board, though I've been on this WOE for months now, and I'm loving the inspiration found here. Thanks for being a part of that!
I especially love your specific visualization-that's powerful.
Continued success!
Crunchy

Postby mrs_vegan » Wed May 25, 2016 8:18 pm

have to add our congrats, too! amazing transformation! thank you for sharing it!
mrs_vegan

Postby Sagefemme » Fri May 27, 2016 8:38 am

I LOVE those before and after pics!! In the first pic you can tell that you and your friends were all enjoying the same types of foods ......when are your friends going to catch on?
Sagefemme

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Sagefemme wrote:I LOVE those before and after pics!! In the first pic you can tell that you and your friends were all enjoying the same types of foods ......when are your friends going to catch on?

It's not my place to judge people's diet's and force my food preference onto them...I don't want to make people feel bad...if they show and interest then I start talking :D
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories