First 3 days--Success!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

First 3 days--Success!

Postby xButterflyx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:00 pm

I want to share something with ya all that is really pretty amazing. For my whole story see my post in the newbie thread. And I'll be starting up a journal here, because as of right now, I am sure there will be a lot more success stories to share.

Along with the many other health problems and issues that I struggle with, the two that really bother me the worst is diabetic neuropathy in my feet, and pain. Pain is a major one. Besides the pain in my feet there is this pain in my lower back that's there pretty much all day every day.

But now, just two nights into the new WOE, I went to bed and noticed that I didn't have the usual pain in my feet. My toes didn't feel like they were in a vice grip. There was no burning and tinging in them. They actually felt "normal"! That was the first night in a long time that I fell to sleep in no pain.

I became a McDougaller on the 7th of this month. Just 3 days ago. I've watched a lot of the testimonies that say they had real changes in the first 3 to 4 days of switching and changing to The McDougall WOE and honestly I wasn't sure it would "work for me". You know how it goes? You think to yourself, "aww yea ok, that's her..or him. That worked for them. But yea it wont work for me". Yes I actually felt this way.

But I started it anyway because I had nothing left to try. I've tried everything out there. I was only getting sicker and sicker. So here is my 2nd success story.

I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor with a long straight staircase. I always had to literally drag and pull myself up the the stairs because I just did not have the strength to do it normally. And, the pain in my lower back was so immense every time I struggled with it. It has gotten to the point where I actually only go out once a month because I just could not stand the severe pain every time that I had to climb that flight of stairs.

But today!! Today there was NO PAIN!! I got to the top of the stairs and 2 things happened. 1) I actually felt good! I did not have to struggle and strain to get myself up the stairs. Yes I had to still pull myself up but there wasn't a struggle like there had been every time before. I actually felt "light and airy"!! LOL (clap) and 2) I had no pain. I stood there in front of my doorway with my husband smiling and laughing telling him that there wasn't any pain. I really almost cried. I walked in feeling so good and so refreshed. I still feel that way.

My changes are starting from the inside out. Both physically and emotionally. I am so happy inside I could just cry buckets of happy tears.

I didn't weigh myself today but I will in 1 week. Results pending. :P

Here's what I ate for the first 3 days, in case you're wondering.

8/7
B-Quinoa elbow noodles, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 c diced tomatoes
S-2 corn thins with salsa
L-2 corn tortilla shells with salsa, lettuce, and refried beans
D-Quinoa elbow noodle, 1/4 cup corn, 1 tbsp chili sauce (organicville)

8/8
B-1 small potato, 1/4 cup corn, 1 tbsp salsa
L-1 medium potato, broccoli, seasonings
no snack
D-baked potato fries with chili sauce (organicville) and broccoli

8/9
B-2 corn thins with salsa, quinoa, peas, corn, carrots
L-2 corn thins with salsa (love these), pinto beans, salsa lettuce
S-2 more corn thins
D-1 small baked potato, 1/4 cup corn, 2 tbsp salsa

I hope this is an encouragement to you all! I am looking forward to SO many more changes and improvements in the days to come. And believe me, there are many changes to be had!
~ Looking forward to being a star McDougaller ~
xButterflyx

Re: First 3 days--Success!

Postby pundit999 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:42 pm

xButterflyx wrote:
Along with the many other health problems and issues that I struggle with, the two that really bother me the worst is diabetic neuropathy in my feet, and pain. Pain is a major one. Besides the pain in my feet there is this pain in my lower back that's there pretty much all day every day.

But now, just two nights into the new WOE, I went to bed and noticed that I didn't have the usual pain in my feet. My toes didn't feel like they were in a vice grip. There was no burning and tinging in them. They actually felt "normal"! That was the first night in a long time that I fell to sleep in no pain.

I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor with a long straight staircase. I always had to literally drag and pull myself up the the stairs because I just did not have the strength to do it normally. And, the pain in my lower back was so immense every time I struggled with it. It has gotten to the point where I actually only go out once a month because I just could not stand the severe pain every time that I had to climb that flight of stairs.

But today!! Today there was NO PAIN!! I got to the top of the stairs and 2 things happened. 1) I actually felt good! I did not have to struggle and strain to get myself up the stairs. Yes I had to still pull myself up but there wasn't a struggle like there had been every time before. I actually felt "light and airy"!! LOL (clap) and 2) I had no pain. I stood there in front of my doorway with my husband smiling and laughing telling him that there wasn't any pain. I really almost cried. I walked in feeling so good and so refreshed. I still feel that way.

It is great that you felt the positive effects of this way of eating in just days! Congrats!
Many experience the same thing with angina.
pundit999

Postby Riva » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:17 pm

It only gets better! Sending you lots of strength and healing waves!
Riva
Never Ever Give Up
Riva

Postby xButterflyx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Thank you both for your comments. :D :D Very encouraging!
xButterflyx

Postby grid » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:13 am

Congrats, Butterfly!

Your success is very inspiring even for me who doesn't have any weight problem :-D

Please let us know how your story goes.
grid

Postby xButterflyx » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 am

Thank you grid. :D So happy I could be an inspiration to you. I'll be starting a journal later today so I can share all the changes that happen. I can't wait. :thumbsup:
xButterflyx

Postby Dougalling » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:34 am

Hi and welcome

WOW To get rid of some pain in 3 days is awesome. You must be on cloud 9 :
You can also get rid of your scale. Just eat and the weight will take care of itself.
Dougalling

Postby xButterflyx » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 am

Dougalling wrote:Hi and welcome

WOW To get rid of some pain in 3 days is awesome. You must be on cloud 9 :
You can also get rid of your scale. Just eat and the weight will take care of itself.

Thank you! Yea I'm on cloud 9 and I can't stop crying from relief. Yea good idea about the scale. I'll do that right after my first week weigh in. I really do wanna just see that at least. But I really have decided not to weigh again for a long time. :eek:
xButterflyx

Postby xButterflyx » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:32 am

More successes! (Please see my journal for details.)

The energy I'm feeling is amazing. I feel like a volcano of energy is just about to erupt inside me, or as if the sun is hiding inside me waiting to bust out. LOL I am actually feeling alive again.

I was having pain in my chest and upper left collarbone area from a sludgy lymphatic system and omg -- that pain, for the past 2 days, is almost non existent! That must mean my lymphatic system is getting the break it needs and is working a little better.

My vision is clearing up and not as blurry as it has been getting, and my eye sockets are not as dried out anymore.

The swelling in my feet is going down! I can actually feel the skin on my feet swishing around when I walk. :lol: What an awesome feeling!

*See more details in my journal*

Thank you Dr. McD!
xButterflyx

Even more successes!

Postby xButterflyx » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Here's my most recent list of all the success and things I've seen change in the last week and 1/2. I started this W.O.E. on the 7th of this month and I'm blown away. Here we go...

1) My feet. Great jumping, happy feet, Batman!! My feet. :crybaby: A) The constant pain is gone. I think the diabetic neuropathy must be gone. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me. No numbness in my toes. No itching or burning. No feeling that my toes don't belong to my own feet. I can actually cover my feet with blankets now. And it's only been a little over a week. *sigh* So relieved! and B) The water retention. :crybaby: My feet have gone down 3/4 of the way back to normal. So much so that there is loose skin on them. When I walk around it jiggles and wiggles all over the top of my feet. :lol: :eek: :lol:

2) My calves are much smaller. Much softer too. :o

3) I have a lot more room on both sides of the seat of my rocking chair now. My cat can actually sit next to me now and have all the space she needs. LOL :D

4) My stomach is going down! Omigoodness. I can't get over it. The top part of it is way down. The middle and lower half have a long way to go still, but they are down as well. I'm overwhelmed. So totally in awe. Who would have thought it would have been so easy??

5) My eyes. My eyes haven't been blurry like they were getting. It was getting to the point, where even with my glasses, they were blurry any time I tried to read anything. Now with them, I can read anything and no blurriness.

6) Pain. No Pain!! Okay, this is the biggest one for me. The all around general, all the time, pain that I was feeling for so long, is just gone. The only time I do still have pain is when I stand or walk for longer than 3 minutes, or if I try to rebound for longer than 3 minutes. And then, it's only my lower back that hurts, and nothing else! :shock:

7) For a long time I was only getting about 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night. I've had an average of about 5 hours a night. But--guess what. Now I'm sleeping 8 hours and longer! :-o In fact, on Monday night I actually slept for 11 hours total! :lol: I woke up in no pain! Before, If I could have slept that long, I would have woken up in so much pain that I would have been crying. But not anymore!

8) I can finally use my rebounder! I am up to 3 minutes. I started at only 1 minute. It's working!

9) The restless leg syndrome that I have used to cause my legs to jump, on their own, out of control any time they felt like it. How horrid that was. Now they don't do that. I still take the requip for it once in am and once in pm but I'm getting ready to try to skip the am one and see how that goes. *clap* And I used to always need a blanket on my legs so that the cold air from the a/c didn't make them jump. And now I don't need that anymore. I also don't have the feeling of antsyness in them like I did and they dont feel like critters are crawling up and down inside them anymore.

10) and last but not least. I can feel my body healing from the inside out. It feels so good. Things aren't aching as much anymore. I'm not feeling all of those little aches and pains everywhere that I used to. Joint pain. Muscle pain. I literally feel like my insides weight 100 lbs! LOL And now my outsides just have to catch up with it.
xButterflyx

Postby Cupcake » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:05 pm

So good to hear all these positive results, Butterfly!!! Yeah for you!!! :thumbsup: :-D
Started McDougall Nov. 1, 2014. I've lost weight and reversed my pre-diabetes! Goals include further weight-loss in a sustainable way (no yo-yo-ing), reduced arthritis, reduced CVD risk, & increased energy!

Cupcake

Postby Hal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Congratulations! :nod: I bet you're happy you decided to go through with this.
Now, i think it's time for your next update - It's been six weeks - how is it going?
Hal

Postby Hapsy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 am

I've been getting neuropathy in my legs pretty steadily this year, and back and pelvic pain, shoulder pain and tendinitis. I was really heartened by your notations on relieving your pain and neuropathy.

I have a great exercise bike, but could only ride it for 5 minutes because of pelvic pain. I know there is nothing mechanical wrong after x-rays so I think it's vascular. After being on the program (again) for a week, I was able to sleep last night without neuropathy.

Anyway, glad to hear you can now use your rebounder, it gives me hope that my exercise bike can be used.
Hapsy

Postby Lusana77 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:37 am

Well done I sense your excitement and feel it for you . Your post was particularly helpful as I have been ficusing so much in the scales and blood sugar readings I hadn't realised my restless legs,pain and sluggish feelings have really reduced also after just a few days .... So far so good
Lusana77

Postby sunnystuf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 pm

I would starve. You are doing great, but try to eat more. You will still get all the health benefits. You can eat a lot more when you are starch based, because the oils are out of your diet.
sunnystuf

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories