Quick Update

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Quick Update

Postby ajhondrngal » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:43 pm

It's been six months, and it's been a bit rocky, but I keep working on it. It's been slow going.

I have lost 20 pounds so far. After four months I lost one of my medications. Yes! Off the metoprolol.

I also lost my doctor and have to find a new one. :roll: I'd rather lose the need for one.

Next goal...being just overweight. It's only 20 pounds away.

Progress, not perfection.
ajhondrngal

Re: Quick Update

Postby viv » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 am

Congratulations, that's awesome. 20 lbs in six months is great, slow and steady does it.

I lost 26 lbs the first year, 20 lbs the second year and 10 lbs this year and I've reached my goal of a normal bmi. We're in this for life, no matter what!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby mapat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 am

You can be proud of all you have accomplished!! Stick with it--slow or rocky--it's still getting you to where you want to be. :-D
mapat

Postby Starchyme » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:33 pm

I second Mapat! Congratulations!
:-D
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby amandamechele » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:33 am

Congratulations ajhondrngal!

Your dedication and adherence are paying off.

I have a bit more than you to go, but I also looking forward to being merely overweight!
amandamechele

Postby f1jim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:02 am

Stay with it. That's the key. As someone has already pointed out...It's time and adherence.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby hazelrah » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:52 am

ajhondrngal wrote:It's been six months, and it's been a bit rocky, but I keep working on it. It's been slow going.

I have lost 20 pounds so far. After four months I lost one of my medications. Yes! Off the metoprolol.

I also lost my doctor and have to find a new one. :roll: I'd rather lose the need for one.

Next goal...being just overweight. It's only 20 pounds away.

Yeah, I still have 26 pounds of overweight, myself. Once I'm out of the obese category I really have to be diligent, at least that's what I've found. That's been basically all this year, and it's been step by step. Having the weigh-in thread and accountability helps keep me stay focused on one week at a time. But, luckily getting to just overweight gave me a good basis and an improved palate so it's not as bad as it would be trying to lose weight in the typical portion control and deprivation techniques. It's about being healthy. Stay focused and you'll get there and have the foundation for a great life. Congratulations on your success so far. I know you will succeed.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories