No longer morbidly obese

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

No longer morbidly obese

Postby Nane » Mon May 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi, I'm Nane, I'm a 46 year old single mum, working at a customer service center in Germany
I'm not good at English, but I hope my enthusiasm makes up for it. :cool:

I've lost 34 pounds in 7 months - I'm no longer morbidly obese
My bloodpressure is down from 150 /100 to 120/90
I no longer take any albuterol - used to have it 4 x daily
My doctor was very pleased with my results, telling me "So you've finaly reduced the carbohydrates!" I must say, he was a bit confused when I told him what I ate the day before.

I never ever enjoyed any physical activity before. Last week I took part in my employers sports day and I LOVED it! I went on a bicycle tour and registered for a 4 mile run in August. Ok, that was probably a silly idea, but hey - I'll just walk as fast as I can ;)

I just whished I could persuade some of my friends and coworkers. So many are sick, overweight, irritable bowel, diabetes, but they just won't listen.

Thanks for reading, if anybody could proofread the text, it would be highly appreciated

Goodnight and greetings from the other side of the Atlantic
Nane
For the Joy of Living
Nane

Re: No longer morbidly obese

Postby pundit999 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Congratulations Nane!
Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
Power of what you put at the end of your fork is amazing.
pundit999

Postby Melinda » Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Wow, good for you Nane! Great to hear from people around the world!
Melinda

Postby veggiebeth52 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 am

That is wonderful, congratulations!!
veggiebeth52

Postby dlee » Tue May 19, 2015 5:00 pm

You're doing great Nane! They always get the carb thing wrong. By the way no problem with your English . Congrats. dlee
dlee

Postby sjsilver » Wed May 20, 2015 6:47 pm

My doctor said those words to me at my last visit, "You were morbidly obese and now you are not. Congratulations!" I said, "Thanks, I think." Congratulations Nane, you are doing great. Keep up with the physical activity. We grow a new passion for these things, once we lose some of the weight.
sjsilver

Postby amandamechele » Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Congratulations Nane! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Your friends, and co-workers may change their minds as they watch your progress. Have faith.
amandamechele

Postby McBean » Wed May 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Wunderbar!
McBean

Postby Starch Chick » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I've lost 34 pounds in 7 months - I'm no longer morbidly obese
My bloodpressure is down from 150 /100 to 120/90
I no longer take any albuterol - used to have it 4 x daily
My doctor was very pleased with my results, telling me "So you've finaly reduced the carbohydrates!" I must say, he was a bit confused when I told him what I ate the day before.

I never ever enjoyed any physical activity before. Last week I took part in my employers sports day and I LOVED it! I went on a bicycle tour and registered for a 4 mile run in August. Ok, that was probably a silly idea, but hey - I'll just walk as fast as I can ;)

Congratulations. Great results!
Not just weight loss, but health and lifestyle results as well
:-D :-D :-D
.....Beth
"It's the food" - Dr McDougall
Starch Chick

Postby lmggallagher » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Hooray for you and for taking on exercise challenges!! with those kind of results your motivation to keep with it must be great!!!

Best wishes - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby Nane » Tue May 24, 2016 5:01 am

Thank you everybody for your kind welcome. It's been about a year now, and you might be wondering, if I fell off the wagon.
No, I didn't. Not because I'm such a strong person or because of my willpower, I'm not strong and my willpower is average at best.
It's just because Starch Solution has saved my life and I'm so grateful for this programm.

I have lost some more pounds, but my focus of the last months was batteling my addiction to softdrinks.
My friends tell me, that I look better and younger, and I do feel better and younger. Sure, there are some problems I have to face. The biggest problem- and by big I mean size 6XL is my partner, who is not very supportive to say the least.

When things get hard, I tell myself, that these situations have a meaning. It's life, that's asking if I'm serious. And my answer always is: Yes, I'm sure!

So many good things happened to me, thanks to this program and now I think it's time to share them with you. Somebody, I think it was Dr. McDougall, once said: We might make changes in our lives because of the fear of dying, but what keeps us on track is the joy of living.

So I thought "Joy of Living" would be a good title to start telling you about all the good things that happend to me, and I hope you will find it motivating :-)

For the Joy of Living- Part 1
Breakfast with the girls

Last weekend me and my friends, all women between 35 and 52, decided to have breakfast at a friend's house. Usually we go out for lunch at a Chinese restaurant, so this was something new and my friends were unsure, what to prepare for breakfast. They asked: Nane, what can you eat? I said: Don't worry! and brought all the things I like, strawberries, bananas, tomatoes, parsley, whole grain bread... When breakfast was finally over, I asked: Now what do you think about my breakfast? My friend Claudia answered: Yesterday I could not imagine what you eat, and now I can't believe how much you ate!!!

That moment I realised that eating unlimited amounts of good food has become so normal to me, I don't even think about it as special.

Your friends might find you a bit strange at the beginning, when you start living Starch Solution but they'll get used to it. :mrgreen:

Enjoy your life
*Huggs and love+
Nane

*Edit for spelling and better wording
Last edited by Nane on Wed May 25, 2016 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
For the Joy of Living
Nane

Postby Nean » Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm

So glad you are still doing well! :D
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Postby mountain » Sat May 28, 2016 8:02 am

Hello Nane
and congrats to sticking with the program, your weightloss and your excellent English!
I just came back from 3 weeks in Germany, visiting my family. I can't believe how fat Germans have become! It is shocking to see....they are heading down the same road as the people all civilized countries.

Keep it up
Hugs
mountain

Postby amandamechele » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi Nane,

What a wonderful update! And how lovely that you have such great friends to share breakfast with.
Thank you for sharing a little slice of your life with us. I hope you will continue to be such a great example to your partner. (My husband does not consistently eat this way either, luckily he does not like to cook, so he eats my food more often than not)

Amy
amandamechele

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories