Three month progress report

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Three month progress report

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 pm

I wanted to take a minute to share my lab results after 90 days on a plant strong diet. I stopped my atorvastatin on 2/4/15. My Cholesterol dropped from 250 (on medication) to 183 (off medication), Triglycerides dropped from 108 to 89, HDL dropped from 67 to 50, LDL dropped from 161 to 115. I am pleased with the outcome. I have cut out one b/p med and decreased the dose of Ramipril from 10 mg to 5 mg daily...hoping to discontinue it soon because this week I'm getting a little dizzy. I have been on cholesterol medications for 15 years and b/p meds for 24 years. I have lost a bunch of weight too. Over 30 lbs in three months.Plant strong works! I can't wait to see my husband's results! My weight loss has slowed down...but it hasn't stopped and I'm losing a bunch of inches...I'm following regular starch solution and not MWL. I switched to a Vegan doctor in Saratoga, NY. My New doctor called me on Saturday. He plugged my #'s into some computerized cardiac risk assessment program. He says that I reduced my potential cardiac risk to 3% based on my labs and lifestyle. If I quit smoking my risk drops to 0%. I'm also taking sublingual b12 3x a week and d3 daily because my levels were low and I cannot get outside every day. I am doing very well...not 100%...but totally compliant at home with a restaurant treat meal every 6 weeks or so to keep me sane for special occasions. I'm 1/3 to my weight goal today. Easy peasy!
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Re: Three month progress report

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 am

Well done, Wyldmoonwoman ( I love your name!) :thumbsup:
Very inspirational. I'm in my third week now and hope for results like yours over time.
Keep it up. I look forward to your next update. :-D
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Tue May 12, 2015 5:15 pm

If I ever learn how to share a photo, I can post progress photo's because I've lost so many inches.
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby Mike » Wed May 13, 2015 9:59 pm

How encouraging, Wyldmoonwoman! I bet that it's the type of motivation you need to keep going!
Mike

Start: 13 Dec 2014, 126.9 kg
Target: XX XXX 2015/6, 73.1 kg (BMI = 21.75)
Current: 104.8 kg
Mike

Postby VegMommy » Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Congratulations and thank you for posting your story. I love, love, love reading things like this. :-D
VegMommy

Postby veggiebeth52 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 am

Congratulations on your weight loss. Hopefully your HDL will start going back up again.
veggiebeth52

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Tue May 19, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm not worried about my HDL...the way that I understand it, as long as my total cholesterol drops I do not need a high HDL to remove excess bad cholesterol. Prior to being medicated, and while eating SAD, my cholesterol was just over 300. I dropped to 183 off meds eating plants. I intend to get my total cholesterol < 150 on a plant based, whole food, minimal added sugar diet.
veggiebeth52 wrote:Congratulations on your weight loss. Hopefully your HDL will start going back up again.
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Postby DWu » Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Congrats WyldMoonWoman! Keep it up.

Here's a description on how to add images.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/faq.php#f3r3

You're right about the cholesterol.

Here's what Dr. McDougall has to say.

http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/020900pucholesterol.htm
DWu

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories