An additional goal...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

An additional goal...

Postby beverleycumming » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 am

Just finished 10 MWLP and lost 8 lb...now I'm feeling that I can measure my waist without "major meltdown"...so now I'm going to track waist/hip ratio and see what happens...sometimes the scale doesn't show the "whole" story...
beverleycumming

Re: An additional goal...

Postby Starchyme » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:14 am

Congratulations! Wishing you continued success.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Re: An additional goal...

Postby roundcoconut » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Would it be rude to ask your ratio now? I don't care about the raw measurements, just the ratio.

I will be curious whether you will arrive at a "better" waist to hip ratio over time. I think that how one's body distributes fat can give some women the "perfect" waist/hip ratio (the one that is considered the sexiest, the most visually pleasing) at a weight that is above the BMI that is considered ideal in terms of longevity outcomes. Will you report that too?

Personally, being a pear-shaped body, I don't think my waist-to-hip ratio is improved as my weight goes down. I am generally considered sexier with a little more trunk-monkey going on! But I have no idea what my ratio is, or was at a different weight.

PS -- Good work on the change in your way of eating! I hope you have lots of kindness, patience and self-love through the whole process, and that your transition be anchored in good vibes!
roundcoconut

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories