my success story but the next step

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

my success story but the next step

Postby flabingo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 am

Five years ago my weight 178 for a 6 foot tall man was okay. By cholesterol was 48/161 with a statin and my BP was 140/90 with a High Blood pressure pill. I visited as a day guest in Santa Rosa, read three books China Study, Prevent and Reverse Heart disease, Forks over Knives, and changed my diet and exercise.
Today my weight is 167, my Cholesterol is 58/52 (WITHOUT A STATIN) and my BP is 117/76 with the same pill
Sounds good to me, BUT instead of learning to cook, I bought a VitaMix, and made myself as my main meal a oatmeal,veggies, and fruit smoothie.
Negative is my gas and being on the toilet too often.
I have had the Starch Solution , but until today have not followed it
Now instead of patting myself on the back for my Cholesterol and BP. I am going it follow the starch concept to go to the next level of health.and comfort.
I may even learn to use my rice cooker. WOW!!!
flabingo

Re: my success story but the next step

Postby Starchyme » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Awesome! Happy travels to the next level. Keep us apprised....
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby flabingo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 pm

I would not believe the quick results from modifying my diet to less fruits and more starch WOW. Love my rice cooker
flabingo

Postby Atheria » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:42 pm

Mixing fruits with veggies is bad food combing, especially cruciferius veggies. If I want major bloating and pain, I eat broccoli with fruit!

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Ltldogg » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Atheria wrote:Mixing fruits with veggies is bad food combing, especially cruciferius veggies. If I want major bloating and pain, I eat broccoli with fruit!

:-)
Atheria

Just as an fyi, food combining is a myth: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5635&p=425279&hilit=food+combining#p425279
Ltldogg

Postby eXtremE » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:49 am

How do you know it is a myth? Different foods and food combinations affect different ppl differently. Just bc you are not having problems with a food combination does not say that I won't. Listen to your body and how you feel. That is always the best gauge IMO. :)
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby f1jim » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:39 pm

The food combining mythology has been disproved for a very long time. I suggest you visit Jeff Novicks forum and get the details from him directly. Lot's of books have been written and sold on this utter quack science.
There is NOTHING to food combining as a logical dietary aid. Any one who advises otherwise has the burden of prove to show it's effectiveness.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories