Running progress over time

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Running progress over time

Postby vgpedlr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:31 pm

rgh69 wrote:I know that y'all are blaming the lack of progress on the oil. But I thought for sure I would see an improvement by eliminating the animal proteins and fats.

You have not eliminated the fats. Oil is 100% fat.
I have had zero progress since about a month after going Vegan.

You're not following the program. It is much more than just eliminating animal foods. Some people may make progress doing only that, but it really depends on the quality of the rest of your diet. To see results follow the program.
Although my cholesterol is lower my Trigycerides is way up from all of the starches.

Sugar and fat raises triglycerides, not whole food starches. Follow the program.
The makes it doubly difficult to find food to eat. My job has me running around town and I don't have time to prepare food for the day. I don't know of any restaurants that have anything significant that is starch based and gluten free. This situation is mighty depressing.

Make the time. If it's important to you, you can find the time. It's not easy because of our toxic food environment, but many busy people here have found ways. It is a skill, and it does require practice, but it can be learned.

You can do it if you want to.
vgpedlr

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories