The journey continues...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

The journey continues...

Postby iowamv » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:29 am

My story is in the newbie section: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44694

I'm at week 32. I expect to finally be in the 18-22 BMI range by spring. Should break into the BMI of under 24 in 2 weeks. That could speed up, now that I'm up to 10,000 steps a day again. Hoping to get back to 14,000 steps a day and start some weight lifting. I'm happy, and feel great. Thanks Dr. McD and Jeff! And thank you to this wonderful, amazing community! You folks make this all so much more do-able.

These are weekly averages:
iowamv

Re: The journey continues...

Postby roundcoconut » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Oh, I'm *so* glad to finally see your weight loss chart! I swear, every time I read one of your posts, I see your mini-chart over there by your name, and I say, "Oh, dude, you really gotta blow up that chart for us. I wanna *know*!" And now I can see your progress -- you've done so well so far!!!

If you are ever bored, I would love for you to post about the mindset that has helped you succeed at this. Are you willing? It is strange, but I feel like I can kinda spot when people have a good mindset (which you do seem to have!) for making a long term change -- like they keep their goal is ever-present in their mind, and their approach is calm and methodical, and they don't question the idea that good health is available to them if they undertake the right behaviors.

And yet, I see people here who aren't yet there in terms of their mindset, and I wanna reach through the computer and adjust their brain for them! :) (Yeah, I am pushy like that!)

Semi-related: My favorite quote lately is about how if you've not yet succeeded at something, it's simply because you haven't yet developed sufficient motivation or haven't yet developed the necessary skills. Just like that. No fate, no genetics, no upbringing. Just skills and motivation.

Oh, and PS, when you reach your goal, please take a pic for us. It is wonderful to see some of the people who post on this forum and succeed!
roundcoconut

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories