RA

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

RA

Postby lizcollins1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 am

Last edited by lizcollins1 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizcollins1

Re: RA gone

Postby nicoles » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 am

Whoo hoo!!!! Congratulations, that is AWESOME!! Isn't it crazy the denial the rheumy was in? I have family member with the same disease I have saying the same thing-you had a wrong diagnosis. Um, NOPE!

I am so happy for you! Reading this made my day :-D

Nicole
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby chewy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 am

Congratulations on curing your RA! are you following the elimination diet or are you able to eat potatoes and other nightshades ?
chewy

Postby pundit999 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 am

Wow! This is so inspirational! Congratulations!
pundit999

Postby lizcollins1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Thank you so much! I am just so relieved that I don't have to take that medication!
I haven't followed the elimination diet yet. So far the only thing I found that bothers me is gluten and the joint pain is gone, I just have a little fatigue left. Im just hoping what the Rhumetogist said "maybe in a few months it might flare back up" doesn't happen, but I feel so much better! Good luck to you all and thanks so much for the support!!! :-D
lizcollins1

Postby Bkworm » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 am

Congratulations lizcollins1 for the rapid response of your RA to this WOE. I was fortunate that the RA pain and swelling disappeared within two weeks of starting this way of eating. However, after approximately six months following this WOE I began experiencing RA flares again - not as severe when the RA was first diagnosed, but definitely noticeable. At that point I followed an elimination diet for about five months and discovered several foods that my body had begun reacting to. Happy to report that since January 2014 I have been basically pain free once again. Sometimes I do experience a brief flare and can trace it back to a new food I have just eaten.

Just want to advise that even if you do start experiencing flares again, don't panic as you will in all probability be able to trace it to a food that you don't normally eat but have eaten for some reason.

I, too, experience problems with anything with gluten but also cannot eat rice or oats of any sort any more even if they are certified gluten free. Can't eat green chilis, fresh tomatoes though cooked tomatoes are fine, citrus, or anything with the least bit of fat or oil including nuts, nut butters, or tahini. But everyone will discover their own trigger foods.
Bkworm

Postby Southernbelle1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:24 am

That's Awesome! This gives me hope!

I'm new to the forums. I was diagnosed with RA and Sjogren's Syndrome in November 2014. I've been following the program for about 2 months and I am a little better. I started the elimination diet last week to see what I still need to cut out. I already knew I had a problem with gluten, dairy, and sulfites. Now I know I also had a big problem with eggs. Sulfites/sulfur seem to be the biggest issue.
Southernbelle1

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories