Losing Weight :)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Losing Weight :)

Postby Halehc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Well here's my short story...I've been vegan since Feb 2014 but have gained weight since then (I love avocados lol). Anyway I've tried the 1200 calorie thing and even rawtill4 and neither worked. I actually kept gaining on RT4. Then I found the starch solution on youtube. Since oct.28.2014 I've lost 7 pounds. Today is nov.12.2014...I feel great my acne is basically non existent!! I honestly would've lost more if I hadn't had two "cheat" meals. I'm 20 years old and 5'5.
Start weight: 157lbs.
Current: 150.6lbs
Goal weight: 130 ish :D
Halehc

Re: Losing Weight :)

Postby tinabrul » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:00 pm

So nice to read a success...since I am new. I hope I do well also..
Congratulations,
tina
tinabrul

Postby Halehc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks, You can do it Tina !
Halehc

Postby omethatswho » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 pm

It is nice to hear your story. I have been a vegan for nearly 7 years, l/o vegetarian for 23 years and I too had a few too many avocados and used too much olive oil. Even jumped on the coconut oil band wagon for a minute. It never did feel like the right thing to do. I have admired and read Dr. McDougall for many years. I am a little scared to commit to the starch program for some reason, though I love it so much. I joined Weight Watchers, but being a vegan it is very close to what Dr. McDougall teaches. I do not include the "healthy oil" that they recommend. I started at 165 and am down to 152 @ 5'6". I'm not sure what my fear is all about. I guess I think that I will put on weight. Words of wisdom and encouragement welcomed!
omethatswho

Postby Halehc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:51 am

You should definitely commit to it. I love it. However I do suggest you keep it simple. I've been getting fancy and I made a fat free BBQ vegan chili a few nights ago and I've noticed I haven't lost any weight but I've been staying at 150 pounds. I also eat pasta maybe once every other week too so that it doesn't stall my weightloss. I'm really trying to get out of the 150's so I'm back to baked fries and brown rice and veggies and fruit for a snack...just gonna keep it simple until I hit the 140's. (I eat however much I want) So yes it definitely does work don't be afraid...I haven't gained unless it was water weight from eating too much salt. No fat gain at all though my stomach is still getting smaller :)
Halehc

Postby omethatswho » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:28 am

What about bread? Do you eat much or any bread??
omethatswho

Postby Halehc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Yes I eat bread. I don't restrict myself from eating it but I honestly haven't craved it lately probably been two weeks since I've eatin eat some....But if I do I'll only have a slice or two since oil isn't in the picture anymore. I know other HCLF Vegans that use jelly as a replacement though. I may try that for a breakfast meal soon.
Halehc

Postby omethatswho » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:04 am

Thank you...your personal information is really helpful. I love bread and am always going back and forth on the issue. This morning's breakfast is two red potatoes and about 1/2 cup pinto beans with salsa. I really need a "stick to your ribs" kind of breakfast to keep me going! Thank you again.
omethatswho

Postby Halehc » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:30 pm

You're very welcome! And new update..I'm officially out of the 150's ! :D :D :eek: this morning I hopped on the scale and it said 149.8. I almost shed a tear because for the past years I've tried cutting calories (starving myself), I've tried so many expensive diet pills (that turned out to be scams), tried RT4, tried herbalife,tried working out every single day even when I had no energy to do so. I could go on...I've tried EVERYTHING and now that I can eat what I love and do as much exercise as I please...it just feels so good. I encourage anyone reading this to continue this lifestyle. I'm so freaking happy and excited I had to share my small success!
Halehc

Postby iowamv » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Way to go Halehc! It is a great feeling when you realize you are going to lose weight if you stay on the program. It works!
iowamv

Postby omethatswho » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:44 am

Congratulations on the 140's! That's the milestone I am looking forward to also. 151.3 this morning and I have been hovering there for about 4 weeks....I have gone up and then back down a couple of times. I hope you continue to post your thoughts and progress. I don't know why I am so unsure, except when I thought I was doing the program correctly I did gain a couple of lbs. I am writing everything down right now so I can see where I might be cheating myself. I hate having to do that though. I wish I could just eat like a normal person. Thanks again...and congrats again!!
omethatswho

Postby Halehc » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:05 pm

omethatswho wrote:Congratulations on the 140's! That's the milestone I am looking forward to also. 151.3 this morning and I have been hovering there for about 4 weeks....I have gone up and then back down a couple of times. I hope you continue to post your thoughts and progress. I don't know why I am so unsure, except when I thought I was doing the program correctly I did gain a couple of lbs. I am writing everything down right now so I can see where I might be cheating myself. I hate having to do that though. I wish I could just eat like a normal person. Thanks again...and congrats again!!

I've noticed that as well. My weight goes up sometimes about two pounds randomly and then a week later it will go back down. It's frustrating at first but I've come to realize that it's probably water weight and that it's just temporary so now I don't panic as much. I've been weighing myself daily but I'm going to try and cut it to maybe every 2 or 3 days. When I see my weight go up it tends to bother me at times for the rest of the day is based off of my morning and what I see on the scale (not good when you gain). Off topic: And for today (thanksgiving) I just gave myself a cheat day and enjoyed some gardein turky and vegan macaroni and cheese which are both high in fat but when I check the scale next time I'll remeber not to freak out and just to continue to stay on the program. Don't be TOO HARD on yourself :wink:
Halehc

Postby omethatswho » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 am

I could have written that post! Up, down....occasional head trips. I splurged a bit on Thanksgiving too, but feel okay about it. Yesterday was a friends birthday and she has no family around her so I made her a birthday dinner with cake. She cut me a big (in my book anyway) piece and I didn't have the heart to say no thank you so I suffered all night!
Back on track today!
omethatswho

Postby Halehc » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Update: I now weight a solid 146.0 pounds which shocked me because I went on vacation and had chipotle twice and ate lots of pretzels and chips and salsa. My options were very limited. I was expecting to gain weight in that week but I actually went from 149 pounds to 146. The most weight I've lost in one week since being on this lifestyle. I guess the food I was eating was lower in fat than I thought. I'm feeling great :D

SW: 156
CW: 146
GW: 135
Halehc

Postby omethatswho » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:40 am

Well that had to be a great surprise. Thanks for the inspiration by posting your success.
omethatswho

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories