New Cholesterol and Fat loss

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Cholesterol and Fat loss

Postby wkriski » Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 am

I'm down 30 lbs now and just got my cholesterol checked 112 mg/dL! Woohoo! Here are some pics and a new video that discusses the results.

https://www.facebook.com/PotatoStrong/p ... 6539024290

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kij_c3zEfaw

Thank you Dr. McDougall!!!
wkriski

Re: New Cholesterol and Fat loss

Postby Ern2Win » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 am

Will,

Fantastic!

I saw this on your web page and thought... Damn, if he can get those results, so should I. Now I realize everyone is different and really cannot expect to compare, but my last results were 150 total with 99 HDL. So I took a hard look at what I was doing. I had been making a conscious effort to eat more as I was around 140 lbs and I guess overreacting to others opinions that I was too thin. Well, by adding smoothies in the afternoon, I got my weight up to 142. But when those results came in (prior had been 137:total), I was not happy. I reviewed McDougall program again and saw again his recommendation not to over consume fruits as they can raise cholesterol in some people. With the smoothies, I was probably up to 5-6 servings of fruit a day.

So I cut back to 2-3 fruit servings a day and quit trying to stuff myself. Today just got results of 109 total, 68 Hdl...happy day. BTW, now weigh 138 lbs and feel great. Also today, got carotid ultrasound results... compared to 2 years ago, less thickness with only a few visible plaques. I have been WFPB a bit over 1 year.

Keep up your good work Will and keep posting potato strong!

Best regards,

Ernie
Ern2Win

Postby William Stefanstein » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Great results by both of you guys! Ern2win, what is your height? Since November, I've gone from 200 lbs., to 158, and I figure around 138 lbs. is where I need to be. I am 5'7". I'm sure there are going to be overweight people telling me how skinny I am, when I get there :(
William Stefanstein

Postby Ern2Win » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks William,

I am 5'8" so that puts me smack on 21 BMI.

Congrats on your weight loss to date and good luck meeting your goal.

-Ernie
Ern2Win

Postby William Stefanstein » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Thank you! This is easily the most simple way of eating/losing fat, that I have ever tried, because I love the food, and it's totally sustainable. I haven't checked my cholesterol #'s yet, but will soon. My diet revolves around cold/soaked overnight oats, beans of all kinds, sweet potatoes and greens. I usually have sliced bananas in my oats, and an occasional apple or orange (I might sneak a piece of dark chocolate every now and then). My blood pressure, which use to be borderline high has been running around 98/63 lately. Your BMI looks great! Guys like you are a big motivation for people like me who still have a ways to go. That is the level I'm going to target. I do strength train, so maybe that will cut down on the "you are too skinny!" remarks, but if it doesn't, I'll keep sense of humor about it......free comedy, I guess- lol.
William Stefanstein

Postby Ern2Win » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:29 pm

William,

When some people have actually had the temerity to suggest that I might be too thin to my face, I just retort...by what standard? Obviously, the American standard is way out-of-kilter with 2/3 overweight and 1/3 obese.

Of course, how you will look as you settle to you optimal weight depends a lot on your body type. Since I am an ectomorph, I will naturally tend to look skinny. I do some weight work, but visibly increasing my muscularity would take a lot of work. However, my strength to weight ratio has never been better.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

-Ernie
Ern2Win

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories