Over 3 years and counting

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Over 3 years and counting

Postby shar_63 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:09 am

Thank you for sharing your adventure. It's really helpful to hear from a long-time McDougaller. (You have had a "wicked bad" winter out there. ;-) Much worse than our Midwestern winter this year.)
shar_63

Postby Karen58 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for the post on your journey. We are about to head into year 3 and I now know we can eat like this for life.

Where in New England are you? I'm about 20 miles west of Boston. It would be cool to meet another McDougall-er sometime.
Karen58

Postby Marcella » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:14 am

Perry, thanks for sharing your story! I have been McDougalling for about the same length of time as you - 3 1/2 years - although I was somewhat plant based (misguided) for 8 1/2 years prior to McDougalling. I mistakenly thought that consuming oil (especially olive oil and other "good fats") was good for me, as well as consuming wild salmon, a bit of low fat organic dairy, and I was also consuming vegan junk food such as "organic whole grain tortilla chips" etc.

Like you, I can't imagine eating any other way than the way I do now. It's been a brutal winter where I live as well (border of Ontario, CA and Michigan) and even though we've had a lot of snow this year that stayed on the ground, it was too cold and windy for me most of the time to do the same amount of outdoor exercise as I usually do, but, like you, I've been able to maintain my weight within a couple of pounds.

Hopefully spring will be coming soon! We actually received a few inches of snow yesterday and although it's a sunny day today and mild enough for some good cross country skiing, I'm getting really tired of seeing all this snow. Luckily, I'm headed to Florida next week for a couple of weeks so will be able to get a fix of bicycling, yoga and jogging on the beach, and replenishing my vitamin D stores! :nod:

Marcella
Marcella

Postby Nean » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Perry, always good to hear your wisdom and experience. I'm half way through year 2 and in the phase of really developing the forever way of life, reducing the wobbles on the path, and just settling in.
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories