gall bladder/gas success

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

gall bladder/gas success

Postby grannylut » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 am

This is a new success but I thought it was worth sharing. I am a re-tread to McDougall. during the past 15 years or so, I have wavered between High protein/low carb and this program. I have had many stomach issues, and have been diagnosed with a fungus infection, SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth), etc.. The diets recommended by doctors have been low carb and high protein, although I didn't go full tilt all out high fat. Well, the pain has been getting worse and worse and I swore it was gas - including in my shoulder. At the risk of TMI, I have always had a problem with gas. I have never, in my 65 years, been able to burp. I walk around gassy and with an upset stomach all the time. This has really started to interfere with my quality of life and has put my exercise to a minimum.

Well, last Sunday, I was in total despair. I had downloaded the Digestive Tuneup to my Kindle a while back so I decided to re-read it. As a result, I went back to the program. Well, each day has been a little better. Today, day 5, I was sitting and minding my own business, when a feeling came up from my toes. I opened my mouth, feeling as if I was going to throw up, and a sound came out of my mouth that I have only admired in other people. So much air came out that I had to hold on to my chair. I BURPED! (I think "belched" is a more accurate term.)

The point is, I don't have a stomach ache! For the first time in years, I am pain free. After only 5 days! I want to cry and had to share because I don't think anyone else can understand. Thanks for listening.
grannylut

Re: gall bladder/gas success

Postby MINNIE » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Oh, I think a lot of us can understand:).

I found my way to this way of eating via gallbladder disease and GERD. f you stick to the starch based plan, you will feel so much better you won't believe it.

The Digestive Tuneup book is so great - I wish I could put a copy in every home!
MINNIE

Postby Nean » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

:D Happy belching! So glad you are feeling better. Keep it up!
And yes, you can discuss almost anything here.
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Postby stephaniesherie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:23 am

wow, that is awesome!

So it was cutting out the fat that was the real turning point in your symptoms?

Did you have pain in your side, too? I'm starting to get that a lot and the past month, yes I've been eating more fat. I've been getting back on track, but it's only been a couple of days. Another thing is I can press on the sensitive point at my side, and I'll start burping!! No joke! So, the pain is obviously trapped air or gas!

I've also noticed I need to have an empty stomach, and truly, deeply, hungry when I eat. That's when I'll have little to NO symptoms! If I eat at a 4 out of 10 on the hunger scale, I'll have side pain and belching. :crybaby:

And so, that mindless eating out of boredom has to STOP! It won't matter the portion or how healthy it is-- it's too much food!
stephaniesherie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories