Just noticed my Star McDougaller story

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Just noticed my Star McDougaller story

Postby Learning » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:01 pm

It is in the written stories under Ron M. I still can't believe I became that guy in the photo next to the cow :lol: And, bad food choices turned out to be the culprit all along. An amazing ride...
My Star McDougaller story can be found here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... ten/ron-m/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. This WOE saved my life and how I get to live it!
Learning

Re: Just noticed my Star McDougaller story

Postby viv » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Wow Ron, what a fantastic, inspiring journey. Your transformation is nothing short of miraculous. Great job, well done.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby Learning » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Viv, Thanks! In one respect, it is a very simply story with a very simple answer to the problem(s). Now my biggest problem is trying to find mens jeans in a 29 inch waist. Plus, when buying new suits, even the slim cuts, require me to have them completely resized. They have to recut everything on the pants, so my cost to outfit my self has gone up quite a bit. But, I had rather pay more for that than my health ;-)
My Star McDougaller story can be found here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... ten/ron-m/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. This WOE saved my life and how I get to live it!
Learning

Postby chewy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

h iron, you look fantastic! congratulations on your incredible success with the mcdougall diet! what does a typical day of food look like for you?do you still eat 1 can of beans daily ?do you eat much rice and potatoes as well or are the beans are your favoured starch ?
chewy

Postby Learning » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Chewy, Thank you! My normal day consists of 1 can of beans (I switch the type up), 1 can of spinach, 1 banana, 1 apple, maybe five black or blue berries. I normally eat the banana and apple over a few meals - meaning half of each over 4 different meals. My wife now eats this way so she makes more tasty meals for dinner. Rice, potatoes, beans etc. and a bunch of variety of vegetables - all prepared and configured differently each day. I eat some of this over a meal or two the next day also. I eat onions and mushrooms every day. I still eat some nuts, but less than an ounce (and not every day) versus about 6 ounces daily before ;-) I eat some bread. I kind of go in spurts with that. Bread is like a sweat to me now, and I can just take a piece and eat it by itself. I eat when I am hungry. Some days that equates to 5-6 times a day, and some days only 3 times. I only eat until I am satiated. If it were not for my wife I would just be eating out of cans, frozen bags of whole foods, and raw produce. She upgrades it for me.

I really needed to keep this simple when I started. I no longer miss all the sauces etc. that was in so much of what I previously ate. Any other questions just ask.

Thanks again!
Learning

Postby chewy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

thanks for sharing your daily meals! it sounds like you have found a great way to do this for life!
chewy

Postby Learning » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Instead of now having a deli meat and cheese snack plate before dinner, we cut up mushrooms, broccoli, etc. and eat that. I still can't get out of my mind the one video I watched that showed what happens to your blood when you have a high fat meal. I could relate to the feeling, but now I have a visual that won't leave me alone ;-)
Learning

Postby geo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:53 am

Congrats Ron! Great job on the turn around :nod: Your story sounds similar to mine :D It really is as simple as eating real food and getting a little exercise. The McDougall Prescription! (and it don't cost a penny)
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 am

Hi Geo, Thanks! I remember reading your story. It was one of the ones that had the most influence on me. We were similar in age and weight. I thought...I can do that. So, thank you for sharing. :D
Learning

Postby MINNIE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 am

That is a wonderful story! Thank God you had the wisdom and strength of character to reject mutilation (AKA surgery) and search until you found the answer that really works!
MINNIE

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks Minnie! Yeah, when faced with surgery of that nature I really had to look inside. I knew I had gotten myself into that situation and that there must be a way for me to get myself out of it. Thankfully I found the answer. :D
Learning

Postby JulieS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am

Nice!! What a difference in the way you look and I'm sure the way you feel! How tall are you if you don't mind saying? Your weight seems so low (145#) to be 6 foot, so I assume you must be 5 foot-something.
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Julie, thanks! I am 5' 10" I know it is hard to tell in my cow picture, but I actually have a very small waste. So, I am still losing the last bit of fat :-)
Learning

Postby JulieS » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:27 am

Learning wrote:Hi Julie, thanks! I am 5' 10" I know it is hard to tell in my cow picture, but I actually have a very small waste. So, I am still losing the last bit of fat :-)

Wow...that's awesome! Looking good!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby Marcella » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:58 am

Learning, I really enjoyed reading about your Star McDougaller story from the email that was sent from Dr. McDougall. I have forwarded the email on to a few friends and acquaintances, so perhaps your journey will resonate with some others and spur them on to this healthy lifestyle!

All the best,

Marcella

P.S. - It must feel great to now be able to take part in these fun physical activities with your sons. It's also wonderful that your wife and son are so supportive and have now also become starchivores!
Marcella

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories