Just noticed my Star McDougaller story

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Just noticed my Star McDougaller story

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi Marcella, Thanks! I am very pleased with being able to participate with my kids. This weekend will be a Tahoe ski trip with them :-) And, I am very fortunate to have a wife that not only got on board with this WOE but she also prepares great tasting meals.

Thanks again.

P.S. I hope the story helps inspire some of your friends.
My Star McDougaller story can be found here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... ten/ron-m/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. This WOE saved my life and how I get to live it!
Learning

Postby chickpea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Congrats Ron on all your hard work and complete life change.
I just want you to know, your story has inspired me and my husband to give this a go. Thank you so much.

Love the simplicity.
chickpea

Postby darad » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Where's the McD site link to the Ron's story. I read the story in email sent from McD.

The end of his story was most interesting. Sinus ran in the morning, pretty soon sinus were longer clogged. A friend recently started the McD approach three weeks ago, much like Ron's tip-toeing into the diet. I'll check back in 5 weeks to see if her sinus are clear, and allergies and medicines gone.

Allergy season is about to start. Anyone else notice less allergies, or sinus running in the morning? (from the diet). I've noticed that, without symptoms of allergies. So I guess that is GOOD!
darad

Postby Pumpkin Pete » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 am

A wonderful story Ron. I particularly like where you mention amongst your list reasons to stick with this way of eating is that you enjoy the food so much. This I believe is one of the greatest misconceptions against adopting a low fat whole food vegan way of eating - there are so many delicious plant foods out there.
Pumpkin Pete

Postby SweetPea » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you, Ron. Your story is incredibly moving ~ and motivating! Your sense of enjoyment about life and your health now is palpable. :)
~♥~ It's never too late to go after what you want. ~♥~
SweetPea

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi chickpea,

I am pleased this helped motivate you and your husband. Have you guys started? How is it going?

Hi darad,

Let us know how your friend's allergies are after following this WOE for a while.

Hi Pumpkin Pete,

Thanks! I know, many people have a difficult time accepting the idea that real food can taste this good.

Hi SweetPea,

Thanks! I can't even imagine turning back. Life is good :-)
My Star McDougaller story can be found here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... ten/ron-m/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. This WOE saved my life and how I get to live it!
Learning

Postby kalehi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi Ron,

Thanks for sharing your very inspiring story! You were a sharp looking young Marine, and now all these years later, you are just as fit (if not more so), which is the opposite of what usually happens! I know your family is very proud of you, and so am I.

In fact, I appreciated your Star McDougaller story so much that I am not even going to going to make any comparisons to Popeye opening and eating cans of spinach. Even if it does kind of fit!

Thanks,
Lynn
kalehi

Postby Learning » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm

kalehi wrote:Hi Ron,

Thanks for sharing your very inspiring story! You were a sharp looking young Marine, and now all these years later, you are just as fit (if not more so), which is the opposite of what usually happens! I know your family is very proud of you, and so am I.

In fact, I appreciated your Star McDougaller story so much that I am not even going to going to make any comparisons to Popeye opening and eating cans of spinach. Even if it does kind of fit!

Thanks,
Lynn

Thanks Kalehi! Those are kind words. Yeah, the spinach is worth the truthful laugh;-) Mahalo!
Learning

Postby ETeSelle » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 am

Good for you! What a great story! :-) Congrats!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Loveskale » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Congratulations! What an inspirational story. I especially like the part where you centre your meals around starch - I recently started doing that and have noticed an improved difference!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Learning » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks ETeSelle and Loveskale!
Learning

Postby eXtremE » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Congrats Ron, well done! You need to post a link in your signature line so ppl can find you easily.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby BroccoliForever » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow! I love your story. I had missed it when it was sent out over email. Have you considered printing it out and mailing it to the doctor who want to hack up your face? (Or has s/he been barred from medical practice yet?). Ha! Lucky for you that you had enough sense to be your own advocate!
BroccoliForever

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories