Carbs to cure anxiety...? Maybe!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Carbs to cure anxiety...? Maybe!

Postby Atheria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 am

Just wanted to post a quick update to say that my panic disorder is increasingly improving. I've only had 2 major episodes since July, and they were justified (scary flight and moving out of my house when I wasn't 100% sure the sale was going through). My blood sugar control is getting better and better, which I'm sure is also affecting my panic/anxiety issue. I'm able to go out now, and often forget that I have hypoglycemia or panic issues. I'm starting to feel normal again for the first time in years. I'm so thrilled! It's forward momentum. The better I feel and do, the better I do. Now, do I take my body and mind for granted? No. I do still eat 6 times a day and have emergency supplies with me, just in case, but I'm hopeful I can get my life back.

Potato-ly,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Atheria,
Were you on the old board on the vegsource site?

Really good to see that your are being persistant with Mcd and it is helping.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Atheria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Faith,

Yes I was! Since then, my diet has been all over the place vegan and then I had to quit vegan for years when I became VERY VERY hypoglycemic in 11/2010. I've only been able to get back to vegan since last year. Right now I just quit McDougalling again due to major (and getting worse) digestive woes. Check out the constipation post. I'm very frustrated. I'm staying vegan though.

Peace,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories