Blood Pressure...

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Blood Pressure...

Postby astronaut23 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:37 am

Tested it tonight on one of those machines they have by the pharmacy in the store and it read 100 over 65. About the lowest I can ever recall. I have been really watching salt lately though as I started buying the low salt or no salt canned goods when it comes to buying beans or tomatoes in a can which are about the only two items everything else I buy frozen or fresh so maybe watching the salt has helped. I usually read anywhere between 110 to 120 on the top number.

Anyway what made me crack up is that they have a chart by the blood pressure machine talking about how to treat high blood pressure with a low salt diet and medications. The part that made me crack up is that they said high blood pressure could not be reversed but could be controlled with the medications. :roll: Said we have no idea what causes high blood pressure.

:lol: ….I do. Its the Standard American Diet high in animal products and processed oils and processed foods and low in whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruit.
astronaut23

Re: Blood Pressure...

Postby Nean » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 am

But if we give all the money to the lowly farmer, how will the processed food, pharmaceutical and medical industries make any money? :eek:
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Postby eXtremE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm

How much do you weigh astronaut and how tall are you? Just curious....
Last edited by eXtremE on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby astronaut23 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 am

6 ft 2 in … 175 lbs is where my weight seems to have stopped going down on this plant based diet. I was honestly worried one time about that I was still losing once down to 180 but it seems to have stopped now.

I was 330 lbs 3 years ago before going on a low carb diet. I lost down to 190 lbs on the low carb diet but my ch;olesterol shot up to 369 total with an LDL of over 200. Pretty scary cholesterol levels, huh. I'm glad the plant based diet has me under 150 total cholesterol.

There is no doubt that plant based diets are the healthiest way to eat in my mind. You can't beat the cardio protection you get from a whole foods plant based diet and you'd be hard pressed to gain weight on this diet. The sheer volume of food you can eat on this way of eating is amazing to me and still that I do not gain weight. This is not dieting its eating to satisfaction. All because the foods are nutrient dense delicious healthy foods but low in calorie density unlike SAD foods which are the opposite and nutrient poor while calorie rich. Give me whole grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruits any day over some SAD crap. I got no desire to eat some greasy oily garbage full of saturated fats and cholesterol anymore.
astronaut23

Postby eXtremE » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 am

Good for you. You have made some remarkable progress.Image
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories