You'd think I'd learn

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

You'd think I'd learn

Postby theresam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:31 pm

After a couple of other inadvertent, high oil meals I ate in middle eastern restaurants over the last 14 weeks since I've been following this WOE that tasted awful, in a fit of emotional stress I just HAD to have french fries two nights ago (cause of stress is my car, long boring story).

I stopped at a 5 guys burger place where they use whole potatoes fried in peanut oil. I figured the most innocuous I could find. Ate about 1/2 a small. Then that night and the next day I was in gastric TURMOIL. I thought I was getting the stomach flu. My body was fighting hard to get that crap out of me. I really don't know why, like, was there a bit of contamination in the oil or potatoes? I'm thinking my liver was just like, "I don't know what you expect me to do with this," and my intestines were really unhappy. So....yet another lesson learned.
theresam

Re: You'd think I'd learn

Postby Melinda » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 am

McDougall's Revenge strikes again! Amazing how our body reacts to junk after eating a healthy diet - I am guessing most if not all of us here have experienced that!
Melinda

Re: You'd think I'd learn

Postby TerriT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:15 am

The longer I go without oil the less I like it. I asked for steamed vegetables and plain rice in a Thai restaurant last month, and unfortuntely they were lightly stir-fried in oil instead. It wasn't much oil, but I didn't like it and was very disappointed (unfortunately, it was in a social situation where I felt it was too awkward to send the food back).

I made some "french fries" in the oven recently for the first time that came out even better than I expected. I used the french fry attachment on my food processor to cut them up, then sprinkled with a bit of salt while they were still damp and baked in the oven on parchment paper. They were so good!
TerriT

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories