My Non-alcoholic fatty liver diease is gone!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Non-alcoholic fatty liver diease is gone!!

Postby carollynne » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Just went and picked up the results of my liver ultrasound done earlier this week. So it is now a documented fact, my liver is now normal in appearance. :) Hurray! the two previous scans done in 2009 and 2010, both stated things about the fatty liver, it could represent possible fatty changes, and statements such as liver appears mildly heterogeneous. And size is top of the normal range. My liver lab tests as of 2010 showed the liver panel as normal range with the ALT, AST and ALK Phos, but it has taken longer to clear up the fat in my liver. I wanted proof of how my liver looked now, so the doctor ordered another scan.
I am so thrilled it is beyond my belief but I did this all through the plant based, whole foods, no oils, way of eating in the McDougall plan. I have lost about 60 lbs now, and cleared up my gallbladder pain, long ago, then my arthritis pain no longer requires any meds, and now my liver is now looking all normal. Wow, can I send up a flare or a few balloons??
It has taken a while, but now I am elated, and just wanted to say thanks to Dr McDougall for his free plan. It has helped me tremendously to regain my health and energy too. :-P
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Re: My Non-alcoholic fatty liver diease is gone!!

Postby JulieS » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Congrats! That is amazing news! Great job for sticking with this WOE and receiving all the benefits from doing so! :nod:
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby carollynne » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks Julie, And my family doctor, who is a plant based MD in my area, called me last night to make sure I had heard the good news. She added that you just do not ever hear of this happening to patients with liver problems. The progression does not stop usually. Only in the plant based whole foods no added oils ones can this kind of liver disease be reversed. Hurray!
So I really do thank the plant based doctors out there, for getting the word out! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Have a great day to all in McDougalling land of good health.

Carollynne
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Congrats! :-) That's just wonderful.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby jamietwo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Congratulations! I just love stories like yours! Good for you; good for Dr. McDougall; and good for your personal plant-based doctor! :D
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby carollynne » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks again, to Jamie, and to Estelle! It is so wonderful to be able to think of a long plant based future now, and no compilations from my liver!! It is a true blessing that I got by hard work, eating and cooking all plant based. I usually go with my DH for his appt with GI doctor and I had to say something about my clearing up my liver with plant based no oils eating for several yrs, and my 3 scans, and all of that. He told me, that it is not unheard of, but rare, but if someone can lose the wt, lower their cholesterol naturally then it can be done. Then he added keep up the good work, and literally patted me on the shoulder. I told him to use me as an example to anyone he wanted to and tell them I did clear up a fatty liver, so they could too.
It is a great feeling. so cool!
carollynne

Postby soul food » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

soul food
soul food

Postby Ruff » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Congratulations! I love stories like this....illness that only progress suddenly reversing and people getting heathy. :D
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby israelIma » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:51 am

I know you posted this quite a while ago, but in searching for information about fatty liver, I found your post. A scan shows fatty liver and a biliary cyst. I am supposed to have an MRI to get more information, but my insurance company is dragging its feet on the approval.

Anyway, your story is very positive and gives me hope! Thank you, thank you.

Yael
israelIma

Postby Caroveggie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:10 pm

This is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your story. Very inspiring. :-D
Caroveggie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories