It Works :) Size 14+ to 4

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: It Works :) Size 14+ to 4

Postby jewagar » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Sweetpea, you look great in your most recent photos. I'll have to look at your journal. Did you post your menus there? How long has it taken you to lose the weight? Did you do it mostly with diet rather than exercise? Did you do mostly MWL plan or regular McDougall? Thank you for the inspiration!
"If you want peace, be sure everyone's dignity is intact." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
jewagar

Postby SweetPea » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:16 am

Thank you for the kind words, Geeneeus1! Have fun enjoying the fruits of your labors ~ you're doing fantastic! :-D

Hi Jewagar ~ thanks very much! I have posted some menus in my journal. I eat pretty simply and generally eat foods that I find delicious but that I won't want to overeat on. :) That means mostly MWL meals, but I also eat brown rice pasta, McD soup cups, corn tortillas, and very small amounts of ketchup/BBQ sauce/mustard/dried fruit fairly frequently. I lost about forty pounds in 2012 and the remaining twenty in 2013. I would attribute the bulk of my weight loss to changing my diet versus exercise. That said, adding in some bodyweight exercise several times a week (squats, pushups, tricep dips) has helped me to get more toned than I've been in years. Now I'd like to get more consistent with cardio! :-)
~♥~ It's never too late to go after what you want. ~♥~
SweetPea

Postby scooterpie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:07 pm

And you're not a Star McDougaller?

Oh well--I was just beginning to read your Journal after seeing the last few posts of it, and you're a 'star' if there ever was one.

Keep up the good work!
SweetPea wrote:Thank you to everyone on this forum for freely sharing information, encouragement, and testimonials. And especially, thanks to Dr. McDougall for making the process of eating healthfully much simpler than I knew it could be. I wasn’t confident at first that I could lose this much weight (47 pounds so far) without extraordinary measures, but I have, and it’s been so straightforward overall. I love the sense of calm I now have about meals, eating food that’s delicious and healthy, feeling so optimistic and energized about the future, and of course ~ my results.

Feel free to check out my journal, where I post meal pics and aim to highlight my journey into exercise (and eating more veggies). :-D

Update: Close to goal...

Update ii: Size 14+ to 4...

Update iii: At goal & developing some muscles... :)

Cheers!
scooterpie

Postby Lizzy_F » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 am

You are truly an inspiration! Congratulations on your success. Your body looks healthy and fit!! (as a headless body can be LOL :D )

I look forward to following your journey as you maintain your healthy body!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby SweetPea » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Scooterpie and Lizzy, thank you both for the extremely supportive posts. You warmed my heart today!! :-D
SweetPea

Postby Melinda » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Wow you look AMAZING! Congratulations - I bet you feel a whole lot better.
Melinda

Postby SweetPea » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks very much, Melinda! I definitely do! :-)
SweetPea

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories