Now down 80 pounds!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I don't believe it!

Postby Nettie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:57 pm

I can't believe it! My mother-in-law is trying to lose weight the McDougall way! She's lost about 12 pounds so far, I think she said. She says, "I still have to have some meat once in a while," but I think it's incredible that she's emphasizing vegetables and fruits. She's a true Southern lady, cooking with a lot of fat, frying things, with meat as the main ingredient, along with some side vegetables (with butter, of course). She's seen me drop this 80 pounds, and she decided to give vegetarianism a timid try. I know it's hard for her, because my father-in-law is pretty stubborn about his food - he wants it the way it's always been. But I consider this a huge step in the right direction for them.
My FIL recently had a stent put in, over my objections; he wasn't feeling good, so the doc decided this would make him "feel better." I can't believe the irresponsibility of some in the medical field. Oh, and BTW, he doesn't feel any better after this procedure!
Nettie

Postby hope101 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:04 pm

That's great, Nettie! How is it that some people can embrace change and just do it even while considered "old" when some of us younger people struggle so much? Congratulations to your MIL and to you for being her inspiration. :D :thumbsup:
hope101

Postby Mayflowers » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:32 am

Wow. That's great. You can't force people. You can only set a good example for them to follow. I finally learned that! :-D
Mayflowers

Re: Now down 80 pounds!

Postby Franchesca_S. » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Great job Nettie!
Franchesca_S.

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories