I made it! (with photos)

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I made it! (with photos)

Postby Kime » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 am

Yes, I made it! 7 months from before to after, including over a month for recovery from the TT (tummy tuck, my reward for losing 40 pounds! I adjusted my ticker to make up for what they took off in the TT). Now I just need to get in shape so I won't be so flabby but I still can't really exercise because of the TT. I am wearing stretch pants in the final pictures, which I wouldn't wear before the TT because they showed the big flap hanging down. I still have a little swelling in the lower abdomen from the TT that should go away during the next couple of months.

I weighed 121 pounds this morning. I don't really want to lose more weight because I know from experience that from here down about half the weight loss seems to come from my bust, where I don't want to lose, and I don't want to lose more from my face either. So I think just gaining some muscle will be just the ticket. Maybe I'll post another picture in 6 months or so if I feel I have overcome the flabbiness.

Kime

Re: I made it! (with photos)

Postby SactoBob » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:30 am

Great going. You look happy and healthy and I am sure that you feel as good as you look!
SactoBob

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:06 am

oh cool Kime. It is amazing how much shows in your face. Even your nose slimmed down. The toning part is fun. Just remember we probably won't ever look like when we were 18 again. Just feeling strong is a good feeling, even if it flaps a bit.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Kime » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks to both of you.

Yes, I know I won't even look like I did when I was 34! But I know I can look somewhat better in the muscle tone department.
Kime

Postby afreespirit » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Awesome job. Congratulations. :-D
afreespirit

Postby luvoatmeal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 am

You are absolutely gorgeous - although you are very pretty in the before picture too!

And I agree with faith in dc - you see a difference in your face - your eyes are what I noticed first and your beautiful bone structure.

Way to go!!! :D
luvoatmeal

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Wow.

I am so jealous of the TT. I need one but since it would require me being in the same ROOM as the surgeon, it won't happen. I will never have surgery again unless it is to save my life. Long story.

But you look absolutely fabulous! Good job! :nod:
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Kime » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Debbie, I just did moderate exercise, 15 minutes 3 times a week more or less. And none at all since the TT, but I can start again a little next Friday when it will be 6 weeks.

Mrs. Doodlepunk, The TT has been much more difficult to recover from than I expected, mainly because they pull the muscles together and stitch them and they don't like it and it was feeling like one constant strong Braxton Hicks contraction, but I am feeling much better now, almost like normal. I did also have a hernia repair at the same time, but I don't think that made much difference, from what I have heard about other people's experiences. The spasms are very common. They did give me pain medication, and vallium, which helped the spasms a lot, but they both made me dopey and the vallium made me feel apathetic all the time. I am really happy with the results, though. It must have been a really bad experience that makes you not want surgery with results so nice. Maybe some day you will reconsider...
Kime

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 pm

luvoatmeal wrote:You are absolutely gorgeous - although you are very pretty in the before picture too!

And I agree with faith in dc - you see a difference in your face - your eyes are what I noticed first and your beautiful bone structure.

Way to go!!! :D

She does have great bone structure. Even though my face has slimmed a bunch I don't have that kind of bone structure.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:33 pm

CONGRATS!!! YOU LOOK GREAT! WHOO HOOO!!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby circle city vegan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Absolutely fantastic! I'm so happy for you, you look great.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3S3L8/]
[/url]

Vigilance requires effort until it does not require any effort.
circle city vegan

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:02 am

you know what I like the best about these? Your skin is just glowing! In your before pics, you don't look all that fat, but comparing the quality of your skin from "before" to "after" is amazing.

and it is wonderful that the weight came off, too :)

congrats! I love before and after pics.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Kime.....guess I missed this...you good great! I always kept track of your previous photos!

I do have a question though...I need a hernia repair maybe when I get on medicare..how hard is it to recover? Mine was caused by a prior surgery for a leg bypass and although it doesn't hurt or anything, it does drive me crazy because I can't hold that part of my belly in at all.
ncyg46

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories