26 pounds lost so far - pictures

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 26 pounds lost so far - pictures

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am

Alright I can see them now. Like the shirt. It shows how much around the middle you've lost. I know you are feeling better.

I'm 5'2" also so I understand what a large difference it is.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby f1jim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Great work. The pictures say more than words.
Congrats on your success.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby luvoatmeal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:01 pm

You are absolutely gorgeous - and I can't believe you are a grandmother! No way!! You look very young and healthy! Congratulations on the weight loss, and I agree with dlb - you have a cute grandbaby!
luvoatmeal

Postby Concerned » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Thank you for your tips! I see you say you looked for recipes that your whole family would like. I unfortunately can't envision my family joining me on this plan right now, but I am curious to know what recipes you found that were acceptable to everyone.
Concerned

Postby Kime » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 am

Concerned wrote:Thank you for your tips! I see you say you looked for recipes that your whole family would like. I unfortunately can't envision my family joining me on this plan right now, but I am curious to know what recipes you found that were acceptable to everyone.

My 13 year old son isn't thrilled by some of the things I make (he is doing McDougall by his own choice!) but he will eat them. If he is still hungry he makes himself a peanut butter sandwich. He does like split pea soup, lentil soup (mostly for something to dip his bread into), mashed potatoes, baked fries, and I make him the oatmeal cookies that have bananas in them (not much sugar). He likes lettuce and broccoli and raw carrots. I also make whole grained whole wheat soda biscuits for him to snack on. I have a grinder and use soft wheat to grind pastry flour because it makes them lighter. Sometimes for breakfast we have whole grained waffles with crushed fruit on them. My husband likes beans and rice and spicy dishes. He uses Tabasco at most meals. He especially likes the Quick Black bean soup (with chipotle) with cilantro and rice. He calls my biscuits hard tack but he eats them! :-) He likes the baked fries, too. We often have them for breakfast.

Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potato http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cajun-Style-Baked-Sweet-Potato/Detail.aspx is another one that everyone likes. Just leave out the oil, put the spices in a plastic bag, throw in the sweet potatoes and shake. Be sure to use a silicon sheet or parchment paper since you aren't using oil.

We all like burritos. And the Penne Florentine is popular but I don't eat it because I am trying to lose weight.

I try to make enough so we always have leftovers on hand so if someone doesn't like what I am making for dinner, it is easy to heat up something they do like.
Kime

Postby Kime » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

Ha! I have finally passed into the just-barely-normal-weight at 136 pounds. I guess I'm doing pretty well since I have lost 3 pounds in the last 10 days, but it feels like it is coming off slooowly. I decided to add the bmi to my ticker since the numbers are better now. I started out in the barely-obese-weight so this is a milestone for me. One thing I have added to my approach to boost the weight loss is doing MM with potatoes and sweet potatoes for 2 days a week. That's all the days I can stand in a row of it. The rest of the time I try to stick to MWL.

I found another recipe that my 13 year old son likes. I take yellow potatoes and cut them up small, add almost enough water to cover, a couple of bouillon cubes (or you could use vegetable broth instead of part of the water.) A lot of garlic, like 10 large cloves, boil until the potatoes are cooked then blenderize with the hand blender. This is a slight adaptation from a recipe in the MWL book, called Creamy Potato soup, or something like that.
Kime

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:22 am

That sounds good. MWL has some good recipes. My special ocassion recipe is in there.

Congratulations. You must be around 5'2"? I know what this means to you. I started as morbidly obese catagory, just barely, but I was there. So I've worked and worked to get through that, obese and overweight. I've got two pounds or so before I cross over to normal. It takes a while to get through each of thos catagories. Each one feels so good to be left behind.

Now don't worry about the rate. I had some weeks it dropped off, and others that I worked hard, ate good, and nothing.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Debbie
There is no time better than the present! Nothing wrong with today :nod:
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby Kime » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:08 pm

debbie wrote:wow, just noticed that you lost 6 lbs since april 23rd. Fast. 5 more pounds. Will you be posting a new picture? Would love to see it:)

Great job. With all my screwing around I am sad, I should be there too. I started back in aug and I am still there.

Looking forward to new pics:)

I have lost about 9 pounds since the last picture, so I will try to post a new one tomorrow. I'm losing about 4-5 pounds a month now, but it seems to be getting slower. Once I lose 1 more pound I will be lower than I have been since my son was born, and he just turned 14!
Kime

Postby Kime » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 am

Here is a comparison of a nine pound loss with the new picture on the left and the old one on the right.

Not much difference except in the lower areas, maybe.
Kime

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 am

wow you can really tell a difference. The face seemed to show it and neck area but also in the body. That one pound will probably be your hardest.

My weight loss started slowing down around 140 and I keep bouncing between 135-139.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

you look positively glowing! The last pounds are the hardest...

I finally broke the 140 mark but not by much and it just hangs in there! :D
ncyg46

Postby luvoatmeal » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm

You look great Kime! I think you look leaner in your midsection and kaboose :) You are doing so good - keep it up!!
luvoatmeal

Postby lydia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks for posting. It is always great to have a visual of what this diet will do for our appearance. What I am struck with is that you not only look more attractive and feel more attractive, but your face looks so much healthier.
I also appreciated the strategy to help you with binges. The raspberries sounded like a great choice. I am sure your body was much happier with that choice than the ice cream.
lydia

Postby Kime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:09 pm

debbie wrote:Are you stopping at 125 or are you going to try for more? I only ask, cause I think we are the same height, I am 5'2".

I was down as low as 117 back when I was McDougalling in my 30's but I think that was a little too low, but I was in better shape back then with more muscle so maybe I wouldn't be as thin at 117 now. My plan is to get down to 125 and re-evaluate to decide if I want to lose more. Right now it looks like I will need to lose a little more in my arms and legs and middle. I wish my face and you-know-what would stay where they are now while I lose weight in the rest of my body, but it doesn't work that way. Too bad!
Kime

PreviousNext

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories