This is why.

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

This is why.

Postby 141 by 41 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Just got my blood results back and they are wonderful! Must have something to do with the foods I eat! :D And this is withOUT meds of any kind!

Cholesterol: 163 (down 9 points from 11/11/08 )
HDL: 60 (no change)
LDL: 83 (down 8 points from 11/11/08 )
Trig: 101 (down 3 points from 11/11/08 )
Glucose: 91 (up 4 points from 11/11/08 )
Resting heart rate: 64 ( :question: resting? I was at the doctor's office! :eek: Usually lower 48-52)
Blood pressure: 90/58 (again, doctor's office reading! :shock: Usually lower 80/45)
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
141 by 41

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:44 am

Excellent. Did you leave the doctor standing there scratching his/her head? I know mine doesn't get it.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby 141 by 41 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm VERY fortunate in that my doctor is vegan and an athletic, so she completely gets why I eat the way I do and the numbers that show. Her only concern at this point is for me to knock off some of the lbs. We both know I can't keep at this weight AND pull such great numbers forever ... something gotta give and the weight is the focus now.

My friends are completely stunned and dumbfounded. All are over 35 and all are taking some drug for something. They want to know what my "secret" is but when I tell them it's the food I eat, their eyes glaze over, their heads nod and then they ask what the REAL "secret" is! :eek: :lol:

It seems that struggle/fighting/uphill battle/challenges/difficulties are so ingrained in people, that sometimes SIMPLE (eat real food) is just too hard to grasp. :?
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
141 by 41

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am

you only have 5 more to go. You aren't that heavy.

That is great having a doctor who understands. My doctor use to and then retired. The replacement is nice and good, but he doesn't believe my diet and exercise are what's gotten mine down. So I just keep on proving it to her.

the friends, yeah, they don't want to change their way of eating either. I'm surprised that after 12 yrs my Mother started to understand and change.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories