Encouragement for Diabetes & Cholesterol Levels

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Encouragement for Diabetes & Cholesterol Levels

Postby Lifeizgood » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

October 3, 2008- Doc diagnosed me as diabetic and my cholesterol level was off the charts (too high to read I believe). My Triglyceride level was also really high and I was weighing in at 318. I don't remember the specific lab numbers.

October 4, 2008- Went from vegetarian to vegan and began life as a McDougall newbie. I decided to forego the meds doc gave me. I began monitoring my glucose levels 5 times a day and they steadily dropped.

December 5, 2008- Doc read me my labs. A1g went from 9.8 two months before down to 7.2. Cholesterol was back to near normal levels. Triglycerides were nearly normal. Doc (who is not a youngster) reported he'd never seen this kind of a drop without meds.

February 2, 2009- My weight is now around 280. I have so far lost over 8 inches from my waist. My blood glucose is not at the pre-diabetes levels but I'm controlling it.

If you are on the fence, just do it. Life is good. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Lifeizgood on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lifeizgood

Postby Love the Lorax » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:47 am

Excellent progress! I just love to read about how people respond so well to the right diet, and REALLY love hearing how their docs were blown away by the progress!! To think what could happen if more and more doctors would teach this way of eating to their patients.....
Love the Lorax

Postby Clary » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 am

Thank you for sharing your lifestyle "miracle medicine cure" with us.

Joy!
"LIFE always begins again." --Edmond Bordeaux Székely
Clary

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Way to go on taking charge of you life, and giving yourself a new life. Doesn't it feel good.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby CarolWL » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Many congratulations! You're a real inspiration. Good for you for taking control of your health.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgIKbt/]
[/url]
CarolWL

Re: Encouragement for Diabetes & Cholesterol Levels

Postby YogaCowboy » Thu May 07, 2009 7:17 am

Lifeizgood wrote:October 3, 2008- Doc diagnosed me as diabetic and my cholesterol level was off the charts (too high to read I believe). My Triglyceride level was also really high and I was weighing in at 318. I don't remember the specific lab numbers.

February 2, 2009- My weight is now around 280. I have so far lost over 8 inches from my waist. My blood glucose is not at the pre-diabetes levels but I'm controlling it.

If you are on the fence, just do it. Life is good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nudge off the fence! It's been a bit over 3 months since your post. Would love to have a status report. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the motivation! John
YogaCowboy

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories