Before and After (or During) Pictures

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Before and After (or During) Pictures

Postby wendysmiling » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:47 am

I think a pictorial progress thread would be really inspiring. Both those at goal or showing your progress so far. :D
WendySmiling :-)
Dec 2000 - 250
Dec 2004 - 125
Dec 2009 - 200 (cortisone therapy)
Dec 2010 - 165
MAY 2011 - 150
May 2012 - 150
11/18/12 - 160 - Goal 120
45-41-42-36
wendysmiling

Postby Birdy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree! Photos as they say are worth a thousand words! Dr. McD's Star McDougaller videos are great, but I would also enjoy seeing many other people's progress photos on this discussion board. Great idea Wendy! Maybe you could e-mail the moderator of this board and/or Dr. McD with your idea?
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Re: Before and After (or During) Pictures

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:40 pm

I would really like to see this happen. Lots of other sites have Before and After pictures and get a lot of hits on them. They are always inspiring.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLKeqst/]
[/url]
Earthwalker

Postby Kime » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I posted a before and a couple of middle pictures. i was hoping this would inspire others to do the same, but it didn't seem to have any effect that way. Now that I have reached my goal I am planning to do another one showing all the photos together with a final one, but not until I am more recuperated from my tummy tuck (reward for reaching my goal!)

I would encourage anyone who has lost enough weight to show in a picture to go ahead a post pictures showing their progress, even if they still have a long ways to go. It is inspiring to other people.

Kim
Kime

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am

I have a great (i.e., horrific!!) before pic. I'm saving it for when I have a good AFTER pic to put next to it. I hate having my pic taken anyway and probably won't want to have it done until I really look good. I'll bet I'm not alone there. ;)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby frozenveg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm mildly upset that I don't have a before picture where I'm not sitting around in a nightgown--I still look enormous when I'm sitting in a nightgown! I'm not quite ready to be in an after picture, either, since I have such a long way to go, and since I'm short, weighing as much as I do now, I still look pretty dumpy.

I am also photo-challenged and don't know how to upload photos. That means I have to involve DH, and that means there are 2 of us to coordinate...
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories