Encouragement

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Week-end Commitment

Postby jmgoforth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:51 am

I have noticed I stay focused Monday Friday only to loose it on the week-end. So I wrote down the things I could do instead of eating.
1. I could pray.
2. I write-I love to write.
3. I could exercize.
4. I could read-I also love to read.
5. I could go to McDougall.

I had really stayed focused all week-end even though we had eaten out with friends.

My goal is to eat less but more often, but over all, eating less volume per day.

So after supper last night I made a goal not to eat. Normally I eat after supper. Then I would eat in the middle of the night. When I started Mary Mini I stopped eating in the night.

So when last night when I felt the crazies coming on, I prayed for some friends in real need and for a family I made a death notification to that afternoon.

Then I read and wrote in my journal. That really seems to help.
I chewed a piece of sugar free gum.

Then I biked for 40 minutes.

Then I came to the encouragement page and type and entry and went to bed.

Since starting the Mini Mary I have lost 18. This time I'm going to reach my goal. I will not sabatoge myself Christmas or New Year.
I have huckard down commitment.
:-) :-D
Chaplain Mike
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Postby momoffour » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:39 pm

Usually, I visit and just read, but this post is so encouraging, I just wanted to thank you all. I too will Hunker Down and succeed. I need to lose 25 pounds.
momoffour

Encouragement

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:36 pm

I have set a daily goal to encourage some one. To go out o0f my way to say something nice to someone. I desire that they feel better about themselves after I leave. I will not use inappropriate humor that makes a person feel demeaned. Reuardless of sex, race or age my goal is to make the person feel loved. If I must say something negative, job related I will do it in private. All praise I will do publically. I have written this out and framed it next to my computer.
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Eating Out

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:43 am

I eat out alot because of my job. But what I'm doing is makig a daily commitment and then when I sit down making an other commitment what I'm going to eat and how much. I either write this out or I tell someone at the table. This seems to really help. If we can just make it through the New year.The next 7 days are essential to keep my head on right. Gaining a huge amount of weight over the next several days is not worth it. My goal is not to gain any weight the next 7 days. Nothing taste as good as reaching my goals. But if I don't get on line I get to thinking crazy, so I apprecate the encouragement. What about those COLTS?
Mike
jmgoforth

Postby Doris » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:25 am

Chaplain Mike, I also decide exactly what I'm going to eat before I arrive at an eatery. If I'm with my DH I will tell him and that helps me keep my commitment to eat correctly. And isn't it interesting how just coming to Dr. McDougall's message board helps. Keep posting and keep McDougalling!!! :)
Doris

Christmas Meal

Postby jmgoforth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:35 am

What does your menu look like. I'm cooking so I can take somethings for myself.
jmgoforth

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program