Workout Challenge?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Are you interested in a workout challenge?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Yes!
88%
No!
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby mairead11 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:37 am

Yesterday, I walked and biked again. Cycling in the cold is hard, I think my muscles freeze up or something.

Today will be my rest day [unless I can count running up to the attic to get the decorations down as exercise...].

:-D
mairead11

Postby kpolninja » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm

I got my first week of 5 days in!!!! Yay!

How did everybody else do for their first week? For those starting December 1st (today) good luck, you can do it!.
kpolninja

Postby LauraA » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:45 am

Hi again, and my exercise commitment is going well. I'll be either walking or doing Curves for thirty minutes today. Because this is such a busy time of year, I think that I'm going to post how my exercise is going on the Dec MWL thread. I started that thread, and I post there everyday. I'll still check in here when I have time, and I want to thank everyone for getting me recommitted to exercise! Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Rita » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Went for a physical fitness assessment this morning. Didn't do much exercise. but had to walk/run for 6 minutes. Not much, I know, but didn't have time for anything else. The assessment took almost 2 hours. Happy to report 'in my age bracket' (nice way to put senior citizen) I was on top category. That's going some for someone who, before McDougalling, was considered an 'unconditioned person' by my physician. That was 21 years ago. So I'm not AGING; I'm YOUTHING!
Rita

Postby kpolninja » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:15 am

OMG! I picked up the free weights today and did upper body for the first time in a while...I feel like jello. I just did one set of 20 for all my major muscle groups on the upper body. I did 20 body weight squats, 20 plies, 20 calf raises and 250 situps. I also did some streaching and 15 minutes walking. Total it took me about 45 minutes.

December is my month!
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:56 pm

It has been two days and I'm still pretty sore. I didn't get much sleep last night because of papers so I'm not going to work out, which means I need to get my remaining for days in Thursday - Sunday.
kpolninja

Postby kpolninja » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 am

Have I lost my challengers?
kpolninja

40 minutes aerobics, 25 minutes lifting weights. NT

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:49 am

:)
Love the Lorax

Postby Love the Lorax » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 am

Saturday the 6th was 40 minutes aerobics, 1 hr biking, a bit of weights.
Sunday was about 30 minutes of free weights.
Today is 50 minutes aerobics so far, hoping to add on a bike ride depending on the weather.
Love the Lorax

Postby kpolninja » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm

I've done nothing! School is ruining my workouts, but I will have a ton of time during break! Hopefully I can squeez in an hour on the treadmill on saturday and sunday!
kpolninja

Postby Rita » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:37 am

Kpolninja, I'm here. But just getting back to working out. Had a bad bug last weekend and haven't really gotten too much back in the groove. I did go to the gym yesterday and did cardio - 20 minutes track walking, 15 minutes recumbent bike, 10 minutes treadmill and also the stretching exercises the physical therapist gave me. (I hurt my ribs and back 2 months ago. But all is fine now.)

[/u]
Rita

Postby Rita » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 am

It's Sunday. I went to the gym and did :

20 min. track

15 min bike

10 min. run treadmill

On my way there again this morning. Plan on the same, except will also do the exercises to strengthen my back. That will bring it up to one hour of exercise. This is a first for me!
Rita

Postby Rita » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 am

Haven't been to the gym since Sunday. Monday came down with a virus. From the way I'm coughing and feeling I don't think I'll get back to exercising till maybe the weekend.

No one's been writing. Is there anyone else still doing the challenge?
Rita

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program