Help! Im freaked!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Help! Im freaked!

Postby iwillact » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 pm

I want to eat all the time and its scares me to death. ANyone else graze throughout the day and have success or do most people only eat three meals a day? Thanks in advance.
iwillact

Re: Help! Im freaked!

Postby cowgirrlup » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 pm

iwillact wrote:I want to eat all the time and its scares me to death. ANyone else graze throughout the day and have success or do most people only eat three meals a day? Thanks in advance.

I just started a few weeks ago, but I eat if I am hungry..as long as its "legal" food.

I usually end up eating 5 or 6 times a day..its actually the way I ate before, but its a little healthier now.

Don't panic, it will work. Just stick to the plan and eat if you are hungry.

You will be fine, you can do this!

Huggs.
cowgirrlup

Postby kpolninja » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 pm

I eat all day every day and I've lost 5 lbs in the last 10 days or so...just eat the legal food only...100% compliance! The appeal to eat all the time goes away too after a bit. When I first started I was really hungry all the time, but it is starting to go away. No wories!
kpolninja

Postby Love the Lorax » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 pm

kpolninja wrote:I eat all day every day and I've lost 5 lbs in the last 10 days or so...just eat the legal food only...100% compliance! The appeal to eat all the time goes away too after a bit. When I first started I was really hungry all the time, but it is starting to go away. No wories!

I agree about the appeal to eat all the time, it does get better over time as you build up your body's nutrient stores. But you know what? Sometimes I still do have days where I eat a LOT - and as long as it is legal I don't pile on the pounds. I think for me, that some days my body really and honestly needs the extra energy/nutrients. Then I can do much better for the next few days about being more restrained and the weight keeps coming off.

Also, I have found that if I eat lots of food in the morning/lunch time, I do MUCH better about not going wild later. When I try to not eat much early on and I'm always a bit hungry, then by mid afternoon I am a ready to raid the fridge for any and all goodies. My success on this plan improves greatly when I admit this and just eat in the first part of the day to get my energy stores up.
Love the Lorax

Postby topview1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:43 am

I was thinking I have the same "issue". Great to know it is normal and not a big problem. Good point on the eat early - that seems to be a common factor as well.
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby Carol » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Love the Lorax wrote:Also, I have found that if I eat lots of food in the morning/lunch time, I do MUCH better about not going wild later. When I try to not eat much early on and I'm always a bit hungry, then by mid afternoon I am a ready to raid the fridge for any and all goodies. My success on this plan improves greatly when I admit this and just eat in the first part of the day to get my energy stores up.

Me too! I bring 3 containers to work with me (breakfast, lunch and small lunch) and sometimes I don't need to eat dinner or as much for dinner. And I do find that if I exercise a lot one day and/or eat less due to schedule, the next day I need to compensate and eat way more.

Keeping busy and not thinking about it also helps me. :)
Carol

Postby fulenn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 pm

kpolninja wrote:I eat all day every day and I've lost 5 lbs in the last 10 days or so...just eat the legal food only...100% compliance! The appeal to eat all the time goes away too after a bit. When I first started I was really hungry all the time, but it is starting to go away. No wories!

Ditto here. I was fairly concerned about always being hungry, but it went away after about 2 weeks. Hang in there, it's worth it.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program