Eating on the run?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Eating on the run?

Postby kpolninja » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm trying to stick to a potato based MM but I just started school.

I leave the house at 6:30 am and work until 5pm, go straight to school until 9:30 pm.

I can't carry around much with me at school other than my backpack. I tried eating a later lunch around 1 but I'm still starving by about 5:30 or so.

Any suggestions for foods that I can take around with me and need minimal refridgeration (I can store them at work but not once I leave).

I find that being prepared is essential to keeping up with this program and this week I have NOT been very prepared. My classes are awesome though!
kpolninja

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm

well, this would bore me after two days, but so did Mary's mini so I may be easy to bore.

Just eat taters. wrapped in foil or whatever and grab one and eat like a banana. You can put salt on it or even have squeeze mustards katsups.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby kpolninja » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Well, I just ordered a bunch of the prepared meals "big cups" and I made it through my class and long day on thursday just fine.

I think being prepared is the key.
kpolninja

Postby Zena » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:22 pm

You're right...being prepared is the most important thing to ensure success! The meal cups are great. I use these especially when I'm traveling so it's good to know they work for school, too. I agree with Faith about having some potatoes with you. You can boil, bake or microwave a bunch ahead of time to keep in the fridge then throw some in a ziplock plastic bag to take in your backpack. The baby ones are great to snack on or to throw into the soup cups to make a more hearty, filling meal. I also like having a piece or two of portable fruit such as apples, bananas, tangerines, or grapes. Anything that's not too mush-able when carried around a bit. Or a small plastic container with some baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and/or sugar snap peas. As long as you're not in a real hot climate, those items should last for several hours.
Zena

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program