getting back on track

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

getting back on track

Postby fiddler3 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 am

I have been sloppy in my diet over the past few months, so I am getting back on track. I have a doctors appt in a month, so I want to know I am doing as good a job as I can following the plan. MWL is really the diet for me...otherwise, it seems as tho my BMI drifts upward, BP goes up and so on.

so, my focus this week is on starches, and I am making a couple of rules for myself: Eat a salad at lunch, and dont eat my beans until I have had my salad and my potatoes. Otherwise, I am just doing MWL.

so, just posting here to give myself a shot in the arm...:)

fiddler3
fiddler3

Postby Carol » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 am

I thought it's been awhile since I've seen a post from you. Nothing like a little outside incentive to help keep us honest. :lol:

I, too, have an appointment coming up and it really does help to keep me motivated.
Carol

Postby fiddler3 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 am

Yeah, I always read the forums, but havent posted much lately...I mean, most things have been said, I guess! But it really helps to read what people are doing :)

fiddler3
fiddler3

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:48 pm

It's great to know when the doctors appointment is coming up so we can be on our best behavior. But one of my biggest lessons came when my doctor did a surprise check. She does it like once a year. Just says, it's been a while, I'm taking blood for a check.

The first time she did it, I had been going through an emotional time and boy did it show in my eating and the fact that I had gained 20 lbs in a couple months. Sure enough the cholesterol was 265. Wow was that a wake up call. It hit me, Faith it's not what you do right before the doctor's appt that counts, it's how you walk around on this earth day in and day out.

Needless to say, it was the start of my journey to recapture my health. That was 3 yrs ago.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby fiddler3 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 am

I am on day 3 of being very very good. Yes Faith, I would flunk a random check of my cholesterol, no doubt there! But "progress not perfection", I guess :) I have been eating this way for about 3 years now, and that does help...I know it is doable long term...

fiddler3
fiddler3

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program