One week down on Mary's Mini

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

One week down on Mary's Mini

Postby busymomof4 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi! I've been reading these boards for a couple of weeks now, but this is my very first post. :) I started Mary's Mini on July 31 and have lost 5 pounds. However, I am extremely tired. I mean, several times today I could've laid down and taken a nap. If my kids weren't here, I probably would've. I'm wondering if it's a lack of protein. I started eating potatoes as my starch, adding green/yellow veggies (squash, green beans, salad, broccoli) the first several days. The last couple of days I decided to switch to brown rice since it's cheaper. The food has been delicious, and I'm pretty sure I've been eating enough. I even ate two bananas today (as opposed to peaches/apples that I'd been eating) to make sure I was filling up enough.

Why could I be tired? Should I maybe add some beans to my diet? I feel so run down, drowsy, fatigued. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
Michele
busymomof4

Postby kimba » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:17 am

Ive read that if a person is tired they are eating too much starch. Id say try some beans.

kimba
kimba

Postby eaufraiche703 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:22 am

did you alter your diet in any other way - give up coffee, cola, sweets? are you exercising more? drinking enough water?

are you eating enough?

if the answers to the above are no, no, no, no, yes, and yes, then maybe it would be sufficient to add 1/2 cup of beans to the meal mix!

CONGRATS on the 5 pound loss!
what would Scooby do?
eaufraiche703

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program